Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottle heater pressure switch tab broke...this happen to anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bottle heater pressure switch tab broke...this happen to anyone else?

One of the tabs broke off on my bottle heater pressure switch....I guess from reconnecting the wires so many times. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it fixable, or do I need a replacement?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MattZ28
One of the tabs broke off on my bottle heater pressure switch....I guess from reconnecting the wires so many times. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it fixable, or do I need a replacement?
Not sure what type you have but typically if a tab broke off its best to replace the switch.

Happy Holidays!

Dean
Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would just replace it, Nitro Dave has an adjustible unit. You might want to look into that.

-William
Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would also suggest putting some sort of quick disconect plug on the new switch so you don't have that problem again. I prefer to use the connectors for remote controlled cars, the newer style (small black ones) not the huge clear/white ones.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSDriver
I would also suggest putting some sort of quick disconect plug on the new switch so you don't have that problem again. I prefer to use the connectors for remote controlled cars, the newer style (small black ones) not the huge clear/white ones.
This is a great suggestion! They're called Molex Plugs(or was it connectors?) I use the standard white ones on a switch box I made for an airbag setup. Its been connected/disconnected almost daily for more than 5 years and it hasnt broke yet. Youll be able to find them at any radio shack or electronics store. You can even go with these if you're a freak: http://www.crazypc.com/products/cabl...connectors.htm
Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will need to replace the unit. We carry a adjustable pressure switch and the NX switch. I suggest using a weather pac connector so you can simply unplug the unit when removing the bottle. We keep the weather pac connectors also.
Dave