Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust & Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust & Headers

I have a few questions and would like some feedback. I dont know how to word this w/out making it long but here it goes. I have a loudmouth exhaust and I adsolutly love the sound of it. I heard once I get headers it wont sound good. Now once I do get headers, would a true dual exhaust be the way to go? If so which is the best one, and keeping in mind I love the deep loudmouth sound, which would be the best header exhaust set up to go?

Now seperatly, everyone says pacesetters are best bang for the buck, but in hp gains and lower et times, how much more of a gain will I get using qtp or kooks over pacesetters? Thanks everyone for your feedback and response.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

The LM will still sound good as long as you use cats with the headers. Most people don't like the LM sound when going to an ORY because it gets raspy, but that's only due to the ORY not the headers.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have LM, longtubes, and no cats and i love the sound. its loud as **** and a little raspy but i love it and wouldnt change it to anything. i get so many compliments on the road.