Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double Roller / ASP Pulley ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Double Roller / ASP Pulley ?????????

I have read that you have to machine the rear pulley arround .300 " after you install the double roller. i have an ASP pulley that I bought back in ohh arround 98 . So I assume this pulley would need to be machined and it does not have the stamp on it . I took the original single gear the double gear and pulley to a local machine shop. The guy checked both gears and told me there there would be no need in machining the pulley. He said the double gear was .050 " taller than the original and the pulley would still track straight. So I would like to know if anyone has the correct difference in the gears and the amount machined off the pulley or has anyone not withthe older style pulley ?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my ASP, which was one of the first SFI approved batches, it needed to be machined. It had to be cut back 3mm for clearance of the crank gear. Without the extra machining my pulley would be in contact with the gear. There use to be pics floating around here somewhere that showed where the 3mm needed to be cut.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only way to know would be to install it I guess. With a pulley bought back in 98, I am guessing it will need to be machined.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:33 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I removed the original Timing gear I marked the crank where the gear ended.Well today I put on the roll master gear ...and it ended up in the same location .
I 'll put the pulley on without the cover . I believe the pulley is not to touch the gear ??