Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow won't fit Pacesetter ORY

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow won't fit Pacesetter ORY

I bought some Pacesetters recently and they went on like a dream. 3 hours 58 minutes with no lift! However, when it came time to bolt up the ORY...my Magnaflow just isn't having it. I stretched the metal with visegrips. However, it won't slide the extra 1.5" that I need to remount my catback. I imagine this happens to most people in my situation. What tricks have you guys done to make it fit?

I'm heading out now with a propane torch, but i doubt that will make it warm enough. Any others?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Hmmm thats weird i had the magnaflow catback and got the pacesetter lt's and ORY and mine fit like a glove. just had to cut about an 1'' of of the I pipe.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have magnaflow with pacesetters and ory as well, and it fit fine. we just unbolted the catback and pushed the two pipes down until they slid together. For the most part it slipped into place nicely.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Yup, had the same problem here with my Pacesetter ORY and Magnaflow. I'm guessing that certain batches or certain catbacks (made at different times by Magnaflow) were different. Both my Magnaflow I-pipe and Pacesetter ORY were flared down, so I had to take the I-pipe to a shop and have it flared out a bit. Cost me $5 and started to rip the pipe a bit, but I just clamped it back down and it worked great.