Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a breather filter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a breather filter?

I'm looking to buy a lid and air filter for the camaro, and I've been looking on different websites for the two and on a few it says that a breather filter is required and some don't even advertise it. They are only for 00-02 models it said. First off I don't know what they are or do, but do I really need one is what I want to know. Thanks

Joel
Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Launching!

i just bought my lid from speed inc (one of the sponsers). if you buy one im pretty sure it comes with it. i got an slp because a lot of people on here have had great things to say about them. also if i were you i would just stick with the stock paper type filter. if u buy from speed inc by the 27th, shipping is free!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

My lid I bought from MTI came with the little K&N breather filter. It didn't say it on the site, so I bought one and ended up with two. If the one you get doesn't come with the breather filter, you can get one at AutoZone,Pepboys etc. in the ricer section. They're just a small push in filter.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmaro
They are only for 00-02 models it said. First off I don't know what they are or do, but do I really need one is what I want to know. Thanks

Joel
It's a filter for the AIR system. The AIR pump draws filtered air in from the stock air lid on the '00-'02 cars via a rubber hose that goes into the driver's side of the air lid, but as far as I know only the SLP lid has a provision for this on the actual lid (like stock). Any other brand that you choose, you will need that breather filter unless you plan to ditch your AIR system.