Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 78MM intake install Qs, (searched but no info)??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST 78MM intake install Qs, (searched but no info)??

Hey you guys, I just bought a FAST 78 MM intake for a hell of a deal. But I have a few question about its installations. I was told that I will need to replace the vally cover bolts thats under the intake with the cap top ones for better clarence, is it true? and where can I get them at? Also any other intall tips will be greatly appreciated too. Thank yall very much.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Bump...come on anybody?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:56 AM
JRC
Teching In

Yes,and the vent line will also need to be changed as well.there is no clearance under the intake for the vent lines that run from the back of the heads to the front.
Don't try to just plug the holes with anything,get the zo6 vent tube kit,that vents only the front of the heads,and replace the rear bolts with shorter bolts.You will see what I mean when you take the old intake and vent lines off.
The throttle body will be held in place with longer bolts and nuts as the fast intake will not have the nuts molded in the intake.
I also had to adapt the EGR system,unless you choose to remove it.
Hope this helps.
JC
Old 11-27-2005, 06:27 PM
wrencher

Go over to the sponsor's list & click on FAST. Thay can prolly get you the missing pieces you need.
There are some special button head bolts that come w/ the intake for the valley cover.