Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbosmart ProGate Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Turbosmart ProGate Question

I disassembled my Progate today to find it had a single Green spring in which on the list is 7psi, but also on that same list is an orange spring that says "Inner 7psi). Why would turbosmart package this wastegate without both springs in it? Am I missing something? I put it back together with the green and orange spring in it for 7psi. Please let me know if I was correct, and if so, why was it sent (brand new) with only the green 7psi outer installed? Thanks in advance friends...
Old 11-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you will have it set for 14psi if you have both the 7psi springs in it. My Progate came with a chart that showed what the different combos of springs would give you. If you want just 7 psi use the Green outer spring only. Use the 7 psi inner along with another outer spring to get higher boost. Such as the 7psi inner + 14psi outer = 21 psi.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotcha, so I was wrong. I thought it was awful stiff for only 7 psi! Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the information, I'll disassemble it and leave the green one in.

Quick Reply: Turbosmart ProGate Question