Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Atco Test & Tunes...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Atco Test & Tunes...

...which are the better days, Saturday or Sunday? The only thing that gives me pause about Sunday is that they have "Import Brackets" scheduled for the last couple of weekends. I'm just concerned that would slow everything to a halt and only get a couple of runs out of the day.

Think that I can get 4 or 5 runs out of either day?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

I've only been to one test-and-tune-only-day and that was on Saturday, November 26. I was blown away when I saw no line at the ticket booth and no line at all for the staging lanes. I was able to do back to back runs with little to no wait for the staging lanes. From 10:30 AM to about 1:00 PM, I got in a total of 13 runs and would have gotten more if I didn't stop after every 6 runs for a cool down.

I've been to Atco on Sundays when they have both the test and tune and the gambler's race and it always sucked. There were always too many cars and people there and I got an average of 1 run per hour. Also, you might even pay more to race on days when there are special events in addition to test and tune. After 11/26/05, I'll only go to Atco when it's only test and tune and nothing else.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

I'm betting that the Saturday after Thanksgiving may have been a bit of an anomaly. But you're comments about the Gambler's is well taken. That, plus the interminable amount of time it takes the Imports to run, may make for a lousy day. Looks like I'll have to find a way to wiggle out of my Saturday obligations.