Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LS1 install and tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LS1 install and tune

Dam! can it be this expensive??? Emailed LAPD here on this side of LA and they quoted me $2500 for a intall and tune emailed back and said "no way"

Strickly performance said $1200, better i guess

So i've got a set of heads, headdes, plugs and wires to go in. Plus i need a tune with these.

Anyone better???
Old 11-27-2005, 10:11 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

yeah thats way to expensive. I want to say just do it yourself. I mean I am half way done with my install and believe me if I can do it so can you.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lithium
yeah thats way to expensive. I want to say just do it yourself. I mean I am half way done with my install and believe me if I can do it so can you.
wish i could but i don't have the tools or the space to do it
Old 11-27-2005, 10:20 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by Kens_02SS
wish i could but i don't have the tools or the space to do it
Dude same here. I have the space and not that many tools at all. But at that price! thats rediculous. I guess you can know that it was done right the first time. But I would never pay that much for that...mostly cause I cant afford it
Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the whole engine? Sounds like a steal at $1200. SP quoted me more than that for heads & cam installation, with tune.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Rob Barf of Strictly Performance is an absolute moron who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to tuning an LS1.

A word of advice, avoid Strictly "F'd up" Performance.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ntimid8r
Rob Barf of Strictly Performance is an absolute moron who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to tuning an LS1.

A word of advice, avoid Strictly "F'd up" Performance.

Sorry dude but i'm not gonna drive across the SG valley to some other place, when there's one closer
Old 11-28-2005, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
Hmm, Rob of Strictly and Ken of HPTuners did very good on our car. Can get any better than this dynamic duo.
I have no beef with you and that's how I think it should stay. I don't want to get into any wars with anyone else. My problem with strictly (f***'d) performance involves Rob Barf only. As I was told from Rob, Ken from HP Tuners doesn't work at sp. Too bad because then maybe my car would've been tuned correctly if Ken did it.

Bottom line is that Rob took 2 hours extra on the dyno when he couldn't figure out the scaling for the a/f ratio. So he messed with other tables that he shouldn't have. Finally tells me something's wrong with my car. I find that ironic, isn't he the tuner who is supposed to know what's wrong? So I ended limping my car home, to San Diego, in worst condition that when I left. I called him when I got home about "what's the deal" and he tells me somethings wrong with his software. A week later I call him back and he tells me nothing is wrong with his software. By the way, he never offers to re-tune on his dime nor even offers to reduce the price from $700.00. That just shows how crappy of a business man he is. He took no ownership of correcting the problem or at least defining the problem.

This is my reason to alway's NOT promote and warn others of strictly (f***'d) performance.

BTW: My apologies for hijacking this thread. I didn't intend on it.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kens_02SS
Dam! can it be this expensive??? Emailed LAPD here on this side of LA and they quoted me $2500 for a intall and tune emailed back and said "no way"

Strickly performance said $1200, better i guess

So i've got a set of heads, headdes, plugs and wires to go in. Plus i need a tune with these.

Anyone better???
DO NOT GO TO LAPD, I WILL BE TAKING THEM COURT.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SELLSZ06
DO NOT GO TO LAPD, I WILL BE TAKING THEM COURT.

Don't worry about that, too dam much anyways
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can tune your car for 50 bucks if you can get a hp cable from someone. My buddy does a lot of work at his house if your interested. We done a ton of work on our cars and others on the board if you want references. I agree that sp can't tune, and niether can lapd after they screwed their tunner and he went to a&a corvette.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by strokedls1
I can tune your car for 50 bucks if you can get a hp cable from someone. My buddy does a lot of work at his house if your interested. We done a ton of work on our cars and others on the board if you want references. I agree that sp can't tune, and niether can lapd after they screwed their tunner and he went to a&a corvette.
I can vouch for Jason ^
Old 12-06-2005, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

that is hilarious .this guy practicly sucks me off after driving his car ,telling me that it is sooooo fast runs so good he doesn't know how to thank me....i am supposed to know what is wrong with a car put together with ebay parts in someones back yard get real ...and as far as owning up to responsability quit lying you were told numerous time to bring it back even after you and your cronies messed with the tune and f--- it up .so dont get you re panties in a bunch intimidater my a--.and as far as the money you never gave me a dime you broke a-- fake.
I have no beef with you and that's how I think it should stay. I don't want to get into any wars with anyone else. My problem with strictly (f***'d) performance involves Rob Barf only. As I was told from Rob, Ken from HP Tuners doesn't work at sp. Too bad because then maybe my car would've been tuned correctly if Ken did it.

Bottom line is that Rob took 2 hours extra on the dyno when he couldn't figure out the scaling for the a/f ratio. So he messed with other tables that he shouldn't have. Finally tells me something's wrong with my car. I find that ironic, isn't he the tuner who is supposed to know what's wrong? So I ended limping my car home, to San Diego, in worst condition that when I left. I called him when I got home about "what's the deal" and he tells me somethings wrong with his software. A week later I call him back and he tells me nothing is wrong with his software. By the way, he never offers to re-tune on his dime nor even offers to reduce the price from $700.00. That just shows how crappy of a business man he is. He took no ownership of correcting the problem or at least defining the problem.

This is my reason to alway's NOT promote and warn others of strictly (f***'d) performance.

BTW: My apologies for hijacking this thread. I didn't intend on it.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ROB55
that is hilarious .this guy practicly sucks me off after driving his car ,telling me that it is sooooo fast runs so good he doesn't know how to thank me....i am supposed to know what is wrong with a car put together with ebay parts in someones back yard get real ...and as far as owning up to responsability quit lying you were told numerous time to bring it back even after you and your cronies messed with the tune and f--- it up .so dont get you re panties in a bunch intimidater my a--.and as far as the money you never gave me a dime you broke a-- fake.
Why don't you learn how to tune, you dumbass!! For that matter learn how to be a businessman, or woman in your case.

I enjoy the fact that you post crap like this. It makes my job of steering the LS1 community away from shyster's like you a whole lot easier. Just shows the kind of person you are.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** these tunning threads are always good!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Damn Rich, he called me a "cronies"

We did get 450 rwhp out of your car. On a quick and dirty tune

Last edited by Ed Blown Vert; 12-06-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by travie319
**** these tunning threads are always good!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
FormerVendor

i got 500 + out of your OTHER buddy's car playing with it having a blown trans not holding ..point being the car had problems the guy new nothing about the setup .what am i supposed to do read his uneducated mind .my customers speak for me this is childish just like your faget buddy.later
Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
Damn Rich, he called me a "cronies"

We did get 450 rwhp out of your car. On a quick and dirty tune

Last edited by SP Motorsports; 12-06-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

thats funny learn how to tune .....hahaha do you even know what you are talking about..i have tuned so many cars i can not even keep count.and you are the only one with a problem .so back up your theary or get off the subject ......and how am i a shiester when you have ((( NOT PAYED YOURE BILL JACK ***)))
Why don't you learn how to tune, you dumbass!! For that matter learn how to be a businessman, or woman in your case.

I enjoy the fact that you post crap like this. It makes my job of steering the LS1 community away from shyster's like you a whole lot easier. Just shows the kind of person you are.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ROB55
i got 500 + out of your OTHER buddy's car playing with it having a blown trans not holding ..point being the car had problems the guy new nothing about the setup .what am i supposed to do read his uneducated mind .my customers speak for me this is childish just like your faget buddy.later
Damn Rob, I don't even know you. All I did was state two facts. Nothing more. Now you imply I am a ******? I couldn't do business with a sponsor like this. Oh wait your not one.

It would be nice for you to sponsor Tech. :dunno: