View Full Version : Shifting at 3k RPMS on an 11 sec car?

Wants an LS1
11-28-2005, 12:47 AM
I have this girl who has a bf that owns a (surprise) SRT-4 and its quick runnin 12.5 on what ever hes done to it, but an argument came up. when i mention the ls1 could run 11s with just boltons she said itd have NO street abilty and that if you tried to granny shift (shifting at 3k rpms, how i drive normall when i dont rip on it) it would stall out from having to much power or burn the clutch out....im pretty sure im correct that it could still run but i wanna double check sooo im asking

does it burn the clutch out/ do you stall out if you shift at 3k rpms in an 11 sec ls1? or does the fact its not enough power to break anything but enough power to keep it running...it is possibkle right? talkin an M6 of course

Hennytime
11-28-2005, 12:05 PM
i would say its rare to find a M6 bolt on car running consistant 11's, it would be more a4's with huge stall converters and full bolt ons with no front sway bar and sticky sticky tires.

Wants an LS1
11-28-2005, 01:06 PM
okay then, say its set up internally for 11s as well as boltons...could u still shift it at 3k like a normal person driving stick can?

chrs1313
11-28-2005, 02:57 PM
yeah you can shift at 3K with a 11 second ls1 why would you not be able to, burn up the clutch??? and there are plenty of M6 cars in the 11 stock internals there are 7 just here

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273788

OOOJOHN
11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
My car car runs 11s all day . and is my daily driver. nos rules

glennster
11-28-2005, 11:22 PM
I have a small cam and most bolt-ons running 11's off the street.It drives as docile as you want,no problem.

RaNsOm
11-29-2005, 07:03 PM
girls should just shut up when talking about cars. Why would a clutch burnup just by driving it normally? 11.6's here and I shift at 2k rpms while cruising around normally. I think I have damn near 35,000 miles on my Mcleod single disk .

Wants an LS1
11-30-2005, 09:27 AM
girls should just shut up when talking about cars. Why would a clutch burnup just by driving it normally? 11.6's here and I shift at 2k rpms while cruising around normally. I think I have damn near 35,000 miles on my Mcleod single disk .

Yo there was no need to insult women like that on cars and say they should shut up, some of them like to learn wihout being bashed. her bf also drives an 11 sec monte carlo ss from 86 thats auto, ran 11.2 last time,but its soley a track car. Maybe given the amount of work it took to send that thing into the 11s and the streetabilty it loses from being a car turned into a 100% race car she assumed it was just the way it was. Im currently tryin to educate her on what an LS1 is and exatcly how many light years ahead it is then ANY V8 before and in some cases, after its time. thank you for your input it is appreciated, the comment was not tho. :bang:

Demonicbird00
11-30-2005, 11:21 AM
i have no probs w/ my car and i still get 18-26 mpg

SpdfreakLS1
11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
I dont understand wtf kinda argument it is. yeah an 11 second car can handle fine.

99FormulaM6
12-01-2005, 09:02 AM
does she think an 11 sec car on the street has to shift at redline everywhere it goes...?

Silver 00 SS
12-01-2005, 09:33 AM
My car car runs 11s all day . and is my daily driver. nos rules

My old car (sold it 3 weeks ago :cry: ) ran 11's hell if i had any kind of DR it would have ran 10's i drove it 14000 miles every year and drive it from chicago to FL twice to NOS RULES :devil:

Scott

02 Camaro SS
12-01-2005, 05:54 PM
I could start from second gear with no problem if i had to. There are even some bolt on only 11 second ls1's here.

blacksnake
12-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Yo there was no need to insult women like that on cars and say they should shut up, some of them like to learn wihout being bashed. her bf also drives an 11 sec monte carlo ss from 86 thats auto, ran 11.2 last time,but its soley a track car. Maybe given the amount of work it took to send that thing into the 11s and the streetabilty it loses from being a car turned into a 100% race car she assumed it was just the way it was. Im currently tryin to educate her on what an LS1 is and exatcly how many light years ahead it is then ANY V8 before and in some cases, after its time. thank you for your input it is appreciated, the comment was not tho. :bang:

...doesn't sound like she wants to learn. From your description, it sounds like she's just running her mouth without knowing what she's talking about. If you don't know what the hell your talking about, you don't start an "argument" about what a car will and will not do. :)

Mark98SS
12-01-2005, 09:57 PM
My car will run in 6th at 1200rpm with a 111 lsa cam :judge:

blacktransam
12-07-2005, 12:44 PM
i run 11's in my daily no problems..

oh and to the guy with the girl comment.. wanna run my gf's little LT1 camaro?? i got a grand on her..

Mike

Wants an LS1
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
i run 11's in my daily no problems..

oh and to the guy with the girl comment.. wanna run my gf's little LT1 camaro?? i got a grand on her..

Mike

are you askin me to race, or the guy who has the gf who started with me on this to race? beacuse i dont recall challengine anyone

RaNsOm
12-19-2005, 06:26 PM
think what you want dude, but the girl deserves to get put in her place if she makes a comment like she did. :judge:

I can respect a girl who knows what shes talking about, but when she PRETENDS or just talks out of her ass then I'll treat her like one of the guys.

are you askin me to race, or the guy who has the gf who started with me on this to race? beacuse i dont recall challengine anyone
I believe he was talking to me.

And my response is....
calling someone out who lives in MD when you live in FL is just :gay: :eyes:

GuitsBoy
12-28-2005, 01:05 PM
does she think an 11 sec car on the street has to shift at redline everywhere it goes...?

That would be fun going through the supermarket parking lot...

SS1875
12-28-2005, 01:14 PM

There are girls/woman who know their shit...my wife included..so watch what you say otherwise I agree with most of your statement. Dont be such a chauvinist, you make the rest of us look bad!!

RaNsOm
12-31-2005, 04:30 PM
There are girls/woman who know their shit...my wife included..so watch what you say otherwise I agree with most of your statement. Dont be such a chauvinist, you make the rest of us look bad!!
please do yourself a favor and read my 2nd post. Its only 2 posts above yours, it shouldnt be too hard.

Here I'll make it easier.

I can respect a girl who knows what shes talking about, but when she PRETENDS or just talks out of her ass then I'll treat her like one of the guys.
Meaning....I love it when a girl knows her shit about cars. I absolutly love it. And I know they're out there. BUT, if a girl wants to pretend like she knows alot about cars, and makes a dumbass comment, Im gonna treat her like any other dumbass male out there who wants to play Johnny Mechanic.

SS1875
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
please do yourself a favor and read my 2nd post. Its only 2 posts above yours, it shouldnt be too hard.

Here I'll make it easier.

Meaning....I love it when a girl knows her shit about cars. I absolutly love it. And I know they're out there. BUT, if a girl wants to pretend like she knows alot about cars, and makes a dumbass comment, Im gonna treat her like any other dumbass male out there who wants to play Johnny Mechanic.

I had only read down to the first post when answering, I agree with you if they dont know something males or females , it's better left unsaid.