Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 Help

Old 11-28-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 700R4 Help

It is in a 92 Camaro. A friend of mine put a second gear servo in it and after that it would not shift right. It had a nice 1-2 shift but when it shifted to 3rd the rpms would red line. It acted like he put it in nuetral and slammed on the gas. If he tries to drive it, it will not shift out of first. He put the stock servo back in and it is doing the same thing. Anyone else experience this problem or know what he may have damaged internally. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Launching!

When it did the 1-2 shift, were you WOT? Its common for the Throttle Valve to hang up in the valvebody, causing very late/firm or even no shifts, and I have seen them do it right after being worked on, or just out of the blue.

If you have a pressure gauge, install it on the transmission, and see if pressure is maxed out.

You could try and re-adjust the TV Cable and see if that helps, and I have also gotten it to free up by pulling on the cable all the way with the car running. A permanent fix is the TransGo kit, it has a revised Throttle Valve to prevent it from happening again.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Second Club

I relayed the reply back to my friend. I appreciate the response. I will let you know if this solves the problem.

Search this Thread