Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wolfe 6 Point RollBar ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wolfe 6 Point RollBar ???'s

I am interested in getting the wolfe 6 point bolt in roll bar for my 99z and have done a lot fo research and saw many pics of the bars installed, but cannot find a good pic to show where the seat is in relation to the bar that go right your head. This car is my weekend warrior and i am going to need a rollbar for the next time i go to the track and I do not want something that is going to be a sfety issue for me or any of my passengers on the street. So my question is, can your head come into contact with the rollbar or is it positioned far enough behind the seat that this wont come into play? Also does anyone know if there is any other 6 point bolt-in rollbars for our cars and if they can come into play with your head in the car? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The bar is behind the seat so the driver should even touch the bar unless they reach behind the seat. And the passengers shouldnt have to worry about it as long as they're belted in. And just for safe measures throw some foam over it and you're set
Old 11-30-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will be putting some foam on just incase, but i just wanted to duble check that it will not be a safety issue for anyone sitting in the front seats. Does anyone know of any other bolt-in 6 point roll bars that have a low profile door bar besides the wolfe. Just trying to find some other prices.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
I will be putting some foam on just incase, but i just wanted to duble check that it will not be a safety issue for anyone sitting in the front seats. Does anyone know of any other bolt-in 6 point roll bars that have a low profile door bar besides the wolfe. Just trying to find some other prices.

As far as cages go all I've heard is good things from the Wolfe cage. Fit and everything is good. If you find a chassis guy around you go in and ask all the low pro door bars are is a little bend.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
I am interested in getting the wolfe 6 point bolt in roll bar for my 99z and have done a lot fo research and saw many pics of the bars installed, but cannot find a good pic to show where the seat is in relation to the bar that go right your head. This car is my weekend warrior and i am going to need a rollbar for the next time i go to the track and I do not want something that is going to be a sfety issue for me or any of my passengers on the street. So my question is, can your head come into contact with the rollbar or is it positioned far enough behind the seat that this wont come into play? Also does anyone know if there is any other 6 point bolt-in rollbars for our cars and if they can come into play with your head in the car? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Those should give you a better indication of how close the bar is. They were taken with the seat all the way back.

The bar really isn't that close, but it wouldn't hurt to put foam on them...just incase something wierd happend during a crash.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those pictures were a perfect shot of what i wanted to see. I see how there is room especially since the seats were far back. And yes i probably would put some foam padding on the bars just incase. Thanks a lot for the pics and you help.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need foam on the bar ANYWHERE your head would hit in a rollover, that bar will split a helmet open like a melon in a rollover..not to mention your bare head in a street crash.

David
Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was also thinking of using a harness type belt instead of the factory seatbelts and wanted to know which kind can be used with the stock seats. I know that i cant use a 5 point with the stock seat without cutting, which i do not want to do, but would a 3 point give me that much less movement in a crash over the factory belts?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a Wolfe 6 point cage in my car. Mine has the over the top bars to the rear and has dual swingouts. The top crossbar will definately contact your head in a crash if you are very tall. I padded mine and the upholstered it to match the interior. I installed a 5 point harness in addition to the factory safety belts. I use the factory belts everywhere except when I'm racing. I find the 5 point harness a pain to latch and unlatch as many times as I'm in and out of the car each day. Also I find it is too confining if it is adjusted properly when used on the street.

Last edited by Gold Z; 12-03-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:26 AM
10 Second Club

hes some
Attached Thumbnails Wolfe 6 Point RollBar ???'s-formulaint.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gold Z
I have a Wolfe 6 point cage in my car. Mine has the over the top bars to the rear and has dual swingouts. The top crossbar will definately contact your head in a crash if you are very tall. I padded mine and the upholstered it to match the interior. I installed a 5 point harness in addition to the factory safety belts. I use the factory belts everywhere except when I'm racing. I find the 5 point harness a pain to latch and unlatch as many times as I'm in and out of the car each day. Also I find it is too confining if it is adjusted properly when used on the street.

I know this is off topic but every time i see your car I **** myself. It is too nice.

Nate
Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 AM
...with cheese.

Old 12-03-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all the pics. So im still 100% sure if i am going to go with the wolfe rollbar. I like the fact that it is a bolt in and i can install it myself, but i just dont want to get it into an accident and have a passeneger or my self hit their head on it and kill themselves from a head injury. Do your harness feel like they would stop the movement if you got into an accident. I mean would it stop your head from sliding up into the rollbar. Armageddon what type of harness do you have? Nate said he has a 5 point and just wanted to know what you have and if you use it on the street. I would want to use it if it would stop someone froim hitting their head on the rollbar. But i do definately need a rollbar since i am getting a supercharger this winter. I might have to have a custom made one that will not come into play with the seatss.

Quick Reply: Wolfe 6 Point RollBar ???'s