Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Fear and loathing in CT

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fear and loathing in CT

Read enough of my posts and you'll figure out that i hate CT... to many damn rich kids with daddys who dont mind buying them brand new GT stangs (friend of mine...sigh... wish my daddy would buy me a sports car)

Anyway... who else is suffering in CT with me, I'm in Newtown (its near Danbury)

Sound off...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Read enough of my posts and you'll figure out that i hate CT... to many damn rich kids with daddys who dont mind buying them brand new GT stangs (friend of mine...sigh... wish my daddy would buy me a sports car)

Anyway... who else is suffering in CT with me, I'm in Newtown (its near Danbury)

Sound off...
ya i feel ya man.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sound off...
Dem there daddy's ain't to smart buy'in em Mustangs
Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Resident

lol... funny u should say that... he got into 2 acedents in 3 weeks... so now he has a cobra front bumper to replace his stock GT, and a Borla exhaust to replace his stock one that got mashed when he got rear-ended

Mines still faster hahahahahaha
Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh. i hate ct for various reasons beyond that. this is funny though cause i was walking to class today and saw some girl in a brand new lexus i think the SC430. Its like a $60,000 car, there is no way some college girl could afford that. Must be nice
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

ya when I was young all my friends parrents had money so they all got cool cars.the hot car back then was a mustang 5.0.thre of my friends had them in school thought they we king **** in them.my car waent as new as theres but....I was 16 years old built this car when I was 14-16 worked my azzz off for this and did it all myself[back then I was just learning]anyway,

1971 nova 406 sb, good 202 heads ,10.5 comp victor intake, 750dp,nice comp cam,powerglide milled the clutch hub for more clutches,better imputshaft valve body bla bla bla.3000 vert 10bolt 456 gears.

I was 16 would drive this thing to school open headers in all-girls hated it but the mustang boys nothing but respect
ended up running mid 12s running out of gear-small backtire
Old 12-01-2005, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
ugh. i hate ct for various reasons beyond that. this is funny though cause i was walking to class today and saw some girl in a brand new lexus i think the SC430. Its like a $60,000 car, there is no way some college girl could afford that. Must be nice
oh i know tell me about it. ive almost gotten ran over when i was walking in the west hartford campus parking lot by kids with beemers, benz's, and infinties in the parking lot. was great when i walked an 03 mustang gt by some cocky 18year old when my car was stock last april
Old 12-01-2005, 11:25 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha. it seems like all the people from NJ are spoiled on this campus. You always see the nice cars have NJ plates. Last semester some girl from nj was in one of my classes (a fresh) upset that her hummer was keyed in one of the parking lots. i didnt feel bad
Old 12-01-2005, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
haha. it seems like all the people from NJ are spoiled on this campus. You always see the nice cars have NJ plates. Last semester some girl from nj was in one of my classes (a fresh) upset that her hummer was keyed in one of the parking lots. i didnt feel bad
:rotflmoa: the sad thing is i would have laughed my *** off right in her face
Old 12-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

CT attracts $$.. no idea why.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

Read enough of my posts and you'll figure out that i hate CT... to many damn rich kids with daddys who dont mind buying them brand new GT stangs (friend of mine...sigh... wish my daddy would buy me a sports car)..
I'm not saying anything.. the window is open, but I refuse to commit.. it is sooo irresistable.. so much potential..

Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 AM
8 second mod

good fr them i say. if they got the money to treat there kids that way. good for them.
i went to a private high school, it was benz, bmw, ect heaven.then my redneck *** pulled up in my rusty **** bum 72 truck!! hehe. i didnt feel inferior, i didnt fee like they where beter then me, it didnt bug me. i had my hu ride, and i was a happy camper.
i must admit, i found it funny one day this girl i know had a lexus, it was a 95 |(keep in mind this was in 96-97) she was balling, i thought she got punched or somthing. when i over heard her telling her friends why she was crying.

"I hate my father, he is such and *** hole!!!!! he took away my lexus!!!!
and got me a 97 yukon"
didnt make me mad, it made me crack up. hehe
Old 12-02-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Sound off...
I grew up in CT and I didn't get a new car until I was 30 years old and until then I drove complete embarrassments for cars. I had a few friends that had some cool cars when they were younger but they were always bought used and were never big money. So it's a little silly to stereotype the whole state because of a few rich kids. You can find rich kids w/ brandnew cars in any state.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cyborg
I grew up in CT and I didn't get a new car until I was 30 years old and until then I drove complete embarrassments for cars. I had a few friends that had some cool cars when they were younger but they were always bought used and were never big money. So it's a little silly to stereotype the whole state because of a few rich kids. You can find rich kids w/ brandnew cars in any state.
Agreed. When I lived off of Charlotte there was just as many spoiled morons as there are up here, maybe more.

Granted, if you have to pass through Greenwich every day you might have a point, but the normal parts of the state aren't any worse than the rest of the country.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:21 PM

Hate the weather.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Hate the weather.

Could be worse.... It's snowing up here in vt as we speak
Old 12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Sound off...
I grew up in Newtown.

Just wait. You’re really going to be pissed off when the rich kids daddy’s start buying them houses when they get a little older…..
Old 12-02-2005, 04:29 PM

I also went to UCONN, and lived in the dorms. I had a job and paid for the whole thing myself. I had friends in the dorm with $3K a month alowances. One girl was pissed when her parents cut her alowance to $3k. lol
Old 12-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Connecticut has a lot of bad points but overall is a good place to live, prosper, and have a lot of car-related fun, not to mention all the hot chicks in this area. i'll take CT over any other state.

suggestion: use those "rich kids" you loath as motivation to do better, nothing like beating a $50,000 car with a $10,000 car......i do that regularly....big smiles.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its like that here in reisterstown MD....******* rich ******** spoiling the kids into even bigger ********....