Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is it.....

any time HP Tuners wants to, they can request and have a thread closed? Certainly not the way to encourage other companies to advertise/participate here.

Nor does it encourage me as a possible customer. Competition between companies is good, we the consumers can only benefit. However if only one side is ever presented or the thread is shut down every time an alternative to HP tuner thinking is posted, (right, wrong of indifferent) we the consumers ultimately lose out on a learning opportunity.

Feel free to reference my previous post in the poll where I talked about their agressive tactics.

Constructive criticism, guys, constructive criticism that's all this is......
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it gets closed because people say things that violate teh rules posted in the stickies....
which pretty much say that posting negative on another product is not allowed....
it doesnt get closed because of HPT or EFI....
it gets closed because a MODERATOR on here can see a violation of that rule..

truthfully...
you should go to teh individual sites forums to ask questions to inform you about a product....and see how many people give you good advice about the software and can do it without saying we have this better than so&so.

I say...talk to me and I'll tell you about HPT in the way I describe above....

one problem is that both companies have certain people who like to post without getting all thei facts straight first....and they say we have this and they dont...and then teh other company says...let me correct you and then on top of it says something wrong about the other.

ask me anythingyou want...I'll gladly tell you what you want to know about HPT without even mentioning EFI at all...

I would hope that there is an EFI guy who would offer the same respect and talk about what they have to offer without talking about HPT during their speech.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:38 AM
FormerVendor

I am one EFI guy that will speak the thruth about my likes and dislikes about each software(i have had all three most have had one). SE most of the times you start **** slinging in EFI vs HPT threads and then have the audacity to ask about a product you feel is inferior to your almighty HPT...

What chaps me is HPT is always talking about being the innovators of certain features. Nevermind histograms being available since V5 of EFILive (~1999-2000)I could go on but i dont feel like getting this locked also.....
Old 12-02-2005, 01:11 AM
FormerVendor

Threads are not closed for us. We don't own this forum, we are a sponsor. We are abiding by the rules of this forum by posting the merits of our product.

We have never said we innovated something that we didn't 100% believe we did. eg. we never said we invented histograms. They have been part of every decent scanner software since they were invented.

Once again, a poke to incite a reaction covered by a number of "impartiality" and "i'm just an innocent" caveats.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

well Larry..you and I are good at pushing each others buttons...
I'm not getting into details on this thread....
but we have both had our fair share of back and forth...

usually we both end up with a little bit of slinging in the $$ area....
usually not in teh features section...
money issues aside...I liek many things about both
I inquire from time to time about EFI stuff cause I am interested in keeping up on things.... right now I am just a guy who has done ls1 edit and HPT...I havnt dove into the EFI pot yet....
you might call it audacity...but you have gone through all 3 and at somepoint I'm sure somebody has felt the same way about you asking questions as well...

for now I feel that BOT HPT and EFI have good points...
but I'm using HPT, and its gonna take a big difference for me to want to change to EFI...again..its a money thing for me more than anything...need more benfits to make the $$$ part of it seem worth it to me...

when camaros and vettes were basically the same thing with a different suspension...I didnt see any reason to spend a bunch of extra money on a vette just for teh name...now its a little bit different since GM has stepped up and made the vette a serious muscle car and has made it worth the money(I dont have that kind of cash...but now you see how I think)

remember I dont have any issues with features of one or the other, I think both have great features....you have to look at the screen a little different to decifer both as many tabels read different...but all have the same #'s in them as the end result.
If I was a guages guy...I think I'd give EFI th eupper side..but I'm not a guages guy...(just wanted to show you I can point out some good stuff that I like in EFI)

and dam my typing is sucking tonight...typo's..typo's...and more typo's...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:55 AM
TECH Regular

I'm beginning to notice a significant difference in support and help between the top two. That's all I'm going to say.