Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive guys, quick question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFILive guys, quick question?

I was just about to buy the personal version of the EFILive because I thought the commercial version was the same thing, just with more licenses. I decided to compare the features at the last minute though just to be sure, and sure enough I learn that they're not the same.

Anyways as far as the features I care about, here are the things the Commercial version has that the personal doesn't.

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) calibrations
Speed density, twin spark map, 2-bar support
Valet mode (switch-able rpm limit)
User controlled adaptive spark

My question is, are these worth the extra $150? I have a big *** cam waiting to be installed, so I was going to do a basic SD tune, and maybe get the MAF properly running after everything's driving OK. I've been trying to learn as much as I can about tuning, and I know about the basics like VE tables, but to tell you the truth I don't know what ETC, twin-spark map, or adaptive spark is. Are they worth $150 for what I'm looking to do?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always decide to add the comercial upgrade later. It always just costs 150. There is no penalty to not get it at the same time.

As for the custom os stuff, yes you may really really like the new nitrous based custom os stuff they are comming out with.
"as off thier site"
Version 4
As well as offering 3 bar support it will also do the following.

1 - A VE table fully mapped by TPS, with a user definable MAP, TPS & RPM switch back to the MAP VE Table, best of both worlds.

2 - Input Monitor fuel / spark modifier. This uses a spare input on the PCM to monitor things like a relay state that will then make the PCM look to an additional fuel and spark table. very handy for N20 setups, when the N20 system is active you can add fuel and pull timing. You can also define when you want this to become active based on a minimum MAP and RPM value.

Just imagine the tuning freedom you will have with a 3bar TPS mapped N2O monster

I have no firm dates for the release of these, they are a work in progress situation, we are also about to release Duramax, so things are pretty crazy at the moment. What I can say is the V4 mods will probably only apply to earlier 2001 / 2002 operating systems initially, with 2003 - 2005 to follow. We hope to get some of these out for testing this week.

They will be awsome.
Call me or email me direct and i will answer every question you may have.

Jes
Old 12-02-2005, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Also the Commercial version allows you to perform full reflashes which is needed to run the Custom OS's and upgrade 99-00 cars to 01-02
Old 12-02-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

and you can't run SD without the custom OS'es right? (or do you just set the MAF frequency to 0 and be done with it)
Old 12-02-2005, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

you can run SD without the Custom os but you will lose the use of your low octane table (meaning you will have to copy the high octnae table to the low octnae table. Stock os mafless reverts to the low octane table). THe custom os's allow you to retain the use of your low octane table(-4--6*) and you high octane table seperately. I had been runing a stock operating system for over a year before I upgraded to a custom os
Old 12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Givin that you are an '01, I would get the personal version for starters. when you are ready to upgrade to comercial, you can do it at any time (as mentioned above). Although I have upgraded to the commercial version for the full re-flash capability, I found the personal version to be more than adequet for all my needs.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
you can run SD without the Custom os but you will lose the use of your low octane table (meaning you will have to copy the high octnae table to the low octnae table. Stock os mafless reverts to the low octane table). THe custom os's allow you to retain the use of your low octane table(-4--6*) and you high octane table seperately. I had been runing a stock operating system for over a year before I upgraded to a custom os

You only need the commercial to do the full flash in of the operating system , some uses can perform the full flash for you with the new OS and then you can use it in your PCM from then on as flashscan personal still tunes and scans the new OS's.

You can also upgrade at any time for no penalty.