Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

sbc fuel injection cam recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sbc fuel injection cam recommendation

well..ive had several threads here and there in regards to my truck and its engine..well..i stopeed and talked to my dad today (20+years machine shop worker=me cheap labor) ..ive just decided to put another motor in my truck..start from scratch...its going to be just a stocker to drive daily in my 4x4..i plan on putting some sort of fuel injection on it...i used to have a compucam in my old tbi truck..i liked it and may go with another..he said if i bring him a core..he can build me one for 450!! yea yea...thats boring,tanking,fluxing the engine i bring him, putting some plain jain federal flat tops, turning crank,all bearings and assembled..pretty dam cheap..ive had one just like it in my truck for over 7 years and its never missed a beat...its just when i can get a new one for that cheap..why bother to take the heads off of mine, pull the cam out etc..? anyways it will have a new set of vortech heads on it, headers, and some sort of injection..prolly a tbi with a megasquirt computer. i just want a few efi freindly torque making cams from some of you experienced guys..thanks matt
Old 12-04-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this for a 350? If so, I would recommend a Comp 206/212....requires tuning but its nice; however if you want more low end torque...look at the Crane 194/204.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep...350..,more than likely going with a tpi inection setup..last few days ive been looking and it seems to be the cheapest option for multiport and good for torque..plus ive always liked the look of them..
matt
Old 12-05-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I've just switched to a multipoint system in my truck so let me see if I can help you a little. If you are going to run a stock tpi system....i would say around 208/214 for roller or non roller cam. That would be a great cam for everything but if you want more upper end power, the stock tpi system is going to have to be changed and step up a cam size.