Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with new lid

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with new lid

Hey guys,
Great site you guys have here! I just purchased a Magnaflow Catback and a TSP Lid for my 2001 Trans Am. I was looking at the install university guide for installing a lid, and they ended up pulling out the MAF. The lid I ordered is the one for the stock 75 mm MAF. So with the 75 mm TSP Lid I shouldnt need to pull out the MAF right? Cause it seems like a PITA to do so. Also, since I have a 2001 model I heard that the car needs a air breather filter that I can pick up at Autozone or Pepboys. The question I have is that do I need a specific filter? Or can I just get a generic one to connect the air hose to my lid? Thanks for all the help!
-Patrick
Old 12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

With the TSP lid, you'll have to pull the MAF out of your stock lid and re-install it into your new one. Actually, you have to do this with any new lid. It is a pain though, just be careful not to crack the neck (lid) when putting it in your new lid. You'll also need the breather filter for the AIR pump tube running to your lid which you can buy at autozone. Welcome to the site.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Cool, Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.
-Patrick
Old 12-03-2005, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

By the way, if you guys ever need parts, consider Nasty Performance. Nate has been excellent and patient with me from the beginning. As you guys know I ordered the Magnaflow catback and the TSP Lid from them. I ended up not needing the Breather Filter at all because Nate threw one in for me. All without me asking! Now that is customer service! So if you guys ever need anything don't hesitate to give Nate a call!