Sponsored by:

Help me Choose a TC

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me Choose a TC

I want to buy my personal Christmas Gift and i think a converter is what my car needs..

I was thinkin in the SS4000E since i will be spraying some, but not all the time...

I'm getting into Bracket Racing and i would be racing N/A of course (can't spend too much money on nitrous refills )...

So, being that i will just be spraying to be faster on a friday night and being N/A fast on a bracket event...

Which would be my options?

oh BTW.. Bolt Ons + MS3 only (7200rpm rev limit) and 4.10s soon...

TIA
Old 12-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Restricted User

I would give John at Fuddle a buzz, or Melissa, and talk to them. John has put together some nice converters, both I received in a quick timely manner, were dead on what I had expected and hoped for. I found the 3800 to be very consistent, which I had more seat time with than the 4000. Either way you'll get a great product I am sure, GL

Charlie
Old 12-07-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd look for a low STR converter if you are bracket racing unless you have excellent traction. Unless you are sitting on the fence of an ET based class, its better to give up .03 in 60' in exchange for consistency of launch (i.e. no occasional spinning).
Old 12-08-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm kinda a newbie to transmissions, but I thought if you wanted to spray N2O then you wanted to go w/ a smaller stall like something between 3200-3600?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:48 AM
LC
TECH Resident

i decided not to spray yet.. i will get a PE4200

Thanks everyone
Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

It all comes down to this.....tollerance!

What are you spinning your engine to? If it isn't close to 7000 then don't even THINK about looking into the PE4400.

Look where your cam makes power, look at where you spin it to, think of how much you are willing to compensate in order to maximize performance. The PE4400 is an all out performance converter, designed to give you just that, while the SS4000E was designed to do that too, while making exceptions and drawbacks to assist you in high stall daily driver.

My SS4000 was a much more user friendly converer for daily driving, but it is not a daily anymore, and the converter wasn't optimizing my cams performance. With this new converter my shift extension is at 5900rpm, while the cam begins to make it's peak power around 6000 all the way to the 6800rpm shift. Now before my cam....my shifts were set at 6100rpm. So imagine that with a 5900rpm shift extension....you would not be able to pull the cinverter into power, it would be too short for any sort of gain. Call Yank and Dave will explain.

In all honesty, after having this converter for a few weeks....I fuggin LOVE IT!!!! I know that what I have done will give me the best time at the track with my setup, and in order to achieve that....I had to make an exception to high rpms. If you don't spin your motor to at least 6500(really pushing it, might want to ask Yank)-6800, this converter shouldn't even be on your list.

Let me know...hope this helped, and hope you make the right decision. Also, if you ever plan on spraying......a 4400 with the 18 blades will not like it and you will go slower and your flash stall will be out of control and your shift extension out of your rpm band....that means.....it WONT WORK!