Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with a splitter cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with a splitter cable

i have an interceptor gauge and would like a obd2 port splitter so i can have the gauge hooked up at the same time as hptuners. does anybody make such a thing??

tia,
josh
Old 12-05-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if that'd be possible? at the very least I'd think it'd interfere w/HP Tuners scanning features (and possibly tuning) ... since there would be packet losses due to the gauge requesting data ....

May want to install a toggle on /off switch to turn the gauge off when using HPT
Old 12-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
not sure if that'd be possible? at the very least I'd think it'd interfere w/HP Tuners scanning features (and possibly tuning) ... since there would be packet losses due to the gauge requesting data ....

May want to install a toggle on /off switch to turn the gauge off when using HPT
good point. i really dont want to switch cables in and out all the time a switch would be simple enough. now if somebody knows about a splitter.......
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The interceptor and hptuners make a physical connection, I don't think the pcm would support more than one connection at a time.