Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this weight sound right?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Does this weight sound right?

This is just an approximation because the motor is out of the car currently so I can't weigh it again. I had my buddy weight it when the motor was in and he told me it read 2980 on the scale at the track but come to find out this was with him in the car and not out like I had asked him to. He weights about 160.

Does 2820 sound possible? Car is gutted but does have door panels, dash, carpet, two Kirkeys and a 10 point cage.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LT1 here that scaled to 3090 with driver (235ish), we have removed more weight and it should be at 3052 with driver.
We have no interior, one cloth manual seat, no door panels but still have door bars at the moment. !hvac. basically a gutted car. I have not took out any significant amount of wiring yet.
Saying all that, it could very well be possible to be at that weight, considering the LSx is about 70#s (?) lighter....and I am sure yours is more gutted than mine or I figure you have the wiring stuff out and probably a few more items I have not gotten to yet.

And we did verify the scale was reading the weight of driver correctly so we assumed with him in the car it would be right....
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
This is just an approximation because the motor is out of the car currently so I can't weigh it again. I had my buddy weight it when the motor was in and he told me it read 2980 on the scale at the track but come to find out this was with him in the car and not out like I had asked him to. He weights about 160.

Does 2820 sound possible? Car is gutted but does have door panels, dash, carpet, two Kirkeys and a 10 point cage.
that sounds about right. my car has door panels, dash, carpet, two Kirkeys and a 5 point roll bar and weighs in at 2930 lbs with my 160 lb friend in it.