Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

momo shift knob

Old 12-06-2005, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default momo shift ****

I just got the momo combat evo **** and it won't fit my 1996 ws6 stock shifter. Will lou's short stick change that? How else can I make it fit?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

The shifter stick is 16 mm and the inside of the Momo **** is around 14 mm. You can either make the stick smaller on a bench grinder or do what I did and open up the inside of the **** with an air grinder and a cutting bit.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

so there are no adapters or anything else? I know there are millions of f-bodys with momo shift *****. Did they all have to drill or grind?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

somebody who has a momo shift **** please tell me how you got it to fit. Is drilling the only option?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

I had an undersized **** (no sexual connotation). I got a drill bit slightly smaller than the opening on the ****, and I wrapped that bit in a piece of extremely rough sandpaper by taping it onto the bit. Then, I used the drill and bored the **** out. The aluminum kept coming out as dust, and I went to trial fit the **** several times until I got it to barely sit over the shifter threads. Then, I threaded the **** down onto the shifter. The shifter actualy tapped its own threads into the ****. I'd do it again before I bought an adapter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: momo shift knob