Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lts With Cats and X?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lts With Cats and X?

Here's what I'd like to do if it will fit. 3" collectored lts straight to 3" cats, reduce down to 2.5" then x pipe then hopefully run two pipes down tunnel, both over passenger side axle, then maybe Dynatech oval mufflers near exit. Naturally I'd like to use the quietest, smallest best flowing muffler available, whichever those may be. Is there enough room to fit the cats into this system? Would the cats be more prone to failure being connected directly to the header collectors? I've seen lots of nice dual systems on here lately but I really like to use cats so I don't have to hassle with getting it inspected.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes there's room, the've got to be small cats, and might need to cut the header collector on the drivers side back an inch or so so that the cat can fit before the spot where the frame is the lowest on that side. Will fit on the pass. side no problem.

I'm actually doing a similar thing here in about 2 weeks with a Y pipe.

I'm running Random Technology 7000 Series bullet race cats off the header collectors (maybe cutting the dr. side collector back an inch to accomodate the cat). Then reducing it to 2.5" pipe mandrel bend cuts welded together into a flowmaster 2.5-3" merge collector. Then a hooker catback. I'll let you know how the cats fitting goes and so on. But i'm confident it will all work.