Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help with all of these codes and Backfiring plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help with all of these codes and Backfiring plz

i just had LT Headers and TSP True Duals installed on my 99 Z28 on satr and sunday by 2 friends. i loved how the car felt and sounded but as soon as i turned the car on the check engine light came on and the scanner that my friend has said it was because of my drivers side o2 sensor, we r going 2 check it out 2day. now i drive off and notice this horrible loud backfiring at first i thought it was normal but it was doing it about every 10 secs and while the car was stopped. i took it hm and then all of a sudden my asr turns off and i couldnt turn it back on and ABS INOP light comes on. at this point i am getting fusterated with all the backfiring and all the lights, we scanned it again and it turns out that my evape selenoid was bad and wasnt purging right, i bought a brand new one thinking it waould at least fix my backfiring problem but nope, no i had a cylider 4 misfire, i took of the plug and spark plug put them in again, the spark plug was fine, andf still all of these codes and backfiring its pissing me off, what could b my problem guys? Thanks

Last edited by BPLS1; 12-10-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Comon guys please help me out, i want to try to fix it cause i dont want to have to take it to the dealer
Old 12-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

I installed lt's myself install was simple. Went to start it up and it ran ok, then it started backfiring and running like crap. i checked all my plugs and wires and they were ok. I then checked all my sensors and made sure they were plugged in. Everything was ok. I finally figured it out, i had somehow got the passenger side coil harness turned around. Unplugged all the plugs going to the coils and switched it back around and it started up perfect and purs like a kitten now. Might want to check that harness.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jcori3
I installed lt's myself install was simple. Went to start it up and it ran ok, then it started backfiring and running like crap. i checked all my plugs and wires and they were ok. I then checked all my sensors and made sure they were plugged in. Everything was ok. I finally figured it out, i had somehow got the passenger side coil harness turned around. Unplugged all the plugs going to the coils and switched it back around and it started up perfect and purs like a kitten now. Might want to check that harness.

well the thing is that its not only the backfiring im worried about that is the main thing that i am worried about but i am also wondering why the hell my asr and abs r turning off randomly , thanks for the suggestion ill check the harness out 2marrow thanks