Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No Ethics lesson, quick help about scam.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Ethics lesson, quick help about scam.

How far will a M6 T56 Travel with no fluid in it?
How will it behave?
Will a M6 T56 act normal for a few quick movings of the vehicle at no speed? <- car lot moving it from one bay to another>
Will it be able to go for a couple miles and then just quit?
Will it be hard to shift from the get go?
What is the demiss?

If I pick my car from the dealer service, and they didn't put fuild in the tranny, will it act normal for them, but fail when I bring it home?

Last edited by Twister; 12-09-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on how hard you drive it , it may get up to 150 miles or so on it with no oil. It could shift fine right after the install and crap out when you park in your driveway. The shifts would get worse and you would pick up some noise as the bearings eat themselves up.It is not uncommon for the oil fill to be omitted by the inexperienced( most dealers qualify here). Are they questioning the failure? 4qts leaking out would leave a significant spot or witness on the outside of the case. If theres no sign of this and its got no oil its pretty clear what the did( or did not do).
Old 12-09-2005, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Dealer Phucked me big time...I am picking my car up today after them having it for 3 months.... They have done various things to the car, one of them was to check and replace the tranny fluid. I want revenge.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im sorry to say that if the original problem was a no oil issue, they will not solve it by filling it now. It is really pretty easy to tell if the damage was done by no oil. What goes first is the "pocket" bearing. The bearing between the mainshaft and the input shaft( in the pocket). It will be burned / heat damaged and may have some of the rollers melted together. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

--Removed because of Zeus' Douche-Bag comment!-- Happy?

Last edited by Twister; 12-09-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

.......congratulations douche-bag. Do you want a cookie for your "ingenuity"?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zeus
.......congratulations douche-bag. Do you want a cookie for your "ingenuity"?
I am sorry, I must of missed the point when I asked for your opinion! You do not know the facts behind my situation, so therefore, have no right to comment. If you had a dealership remove 2 quarts of water from your transmission and then tell you it is fine, you might be upset. If you have had a dealership try to fix something for 3 months but they still can't figure out that the freakin Airpump is bad, you might be upset. If you have been without a single mode of private transportation for 3 months because of the dealership and being caught in the politics of it, you might be upset. If you have had your car keyed by someone at the lot because it was forgot about (oh, and btw, they found him and fired him), you might be upset. If you had to take public transportation which consisted of 2, 3 hour commutes each day for the past 3 months, you might be upset. I have had no car for three months because morons can not do quality work, work done right the FIRST time. I could go on, but I am sure you are a complete douche-bag as well and could not get past the first sentence.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not trying to be a smartass but if they were screwing up that bad why the hell didnt you demand a rental car from them idiots?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
Not trying to be a smartass but if they were screwing up that bad why the hell didnt you demand a rental car from them idiots?
There are no rentals available down in this area due to all the roofers and adjusters now in our area. The dealer loaners were damaged during the hurricane also. My insurance would not cover, no offense, but I can't explain the insurance part.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow I must have missed something here. I also gotta say I don't get the subject title either. Well anyway, you are not likely to have good results with just pulling out 2 qts of water either. Depending on how long it was in there, more than just a flush would be my suggestion.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Twister
I am sorry, I must of missed the point when I asked for your opinion! You do not know the facts behind my situation, so therefore, have no right to comment. If you had a dealership remove 2 quarts of water from your transmission and then tell you it is fine, you might be upset. If you have had a dealership try to fix something for 3 months but they still can't figure out that the freakin Airpump is bad, you might be upset. If you have been without a single mode of private transportation for 3 months because of the dealership and being caught in the politics of it, you might be upset. If you have had your car keyed by someone at the lot because it was forgot about (oh, and btw, they found him and fired him), you might be upset. If you had to take public transportation which consisted of 2, 3 hour commutes each day for the past 3 months, you might be upset. I have had no car for three months because morons can not do quality work, work done right the FIRST time. I could go on, but I am sure you are a complete douche-bag as well and could not get past the first sentence.
Listen "bro". I know EXACTLY how you feel. I haven't had a car for two months now because some stupid punk at Mr Clutch tried to resurface my flywheel with the wrong tool. I've had to bum well over 100 rides from my friends, I've even had to rent people's bikes from them so I can pedal 12 miles a day. I just dropped my car off after spending $500 to have an OEM clutch overnighted to me because the stupid dealers in town don't have them. I'm going to be out another ~$350-400 on the install/balancing, and my car's probably still not going to be working after that because the morons at Mr Clutch messed it up so bad. Mr Clutch I'm sure isn't going to reimburse me a damn penny either.

Moral of the story is that just because this happened to me doesn't mean that I'm going to go throw a brick through their window or spraypaint their building.

Second, how am I a douche bag? You post a one sentence remark (so you're right, I didn't get past the first sentence ) saying something to the effect that you're hatching a plan to scam the dealership into fixing a pre-existing problem (unrelated to any work they've done) by bringing it in and lying to them, claiming that the problem is because they forgot to fill the tranny with fluid.

Now that I'm reading your post again.... I actually completely agree with you. I am an ignorant douche-bag and you're a beacon of worldly truth, virtue, and honor. An exemplary model of what it is to be an upstanding and enlightened human being. I commend you on your superiority to me
Old 12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow...a couple of real, live internet tough guys going at it!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by calhoon
Wow I must have missed something here. I also gotta say I don't get the subject title either. Well anyway, you are not likely to have good results with just pulling out 2 qts of water either. Depending on how long it was in there, more than just a flush would be my suggestion.
basic jist of the post was that he's asking this question because he's trying to learn the symptoms of not filling the tranny with fluid. He's then planning on getting a freebee by bringing it into the dealer and telling them that they ruined his transmission because they didn't fill it with fluid. Truth of the matter is that he has an actual pre-existing problem with his transmission and he just wants a new one for free.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zeus
I actually completely agree with you. I am an ignorant douche-bag and you're a beacon of worldly truth, virtue, and honor. An exemplary model of what it is to be an upstanding and enlightened human being. I commend you on your superiority to me
At least we can agree on one thing!

And yes.....I guess the subject line didn't spell out enough how I cared what you thought. So yes, that was the plan. I consider myself better than that, and would probably never have the ***** to do something like this to the vehicle I love. If you are ever in the area, we should hang out.