Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rebuild prep for blower.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rebuild prep for blower.

Hey guys got a crate LS6 that i have to rebuild. Its in a 67 chevelle thats being done by a local fab shop. They had the motor in and running but were having problems getting it tuned properly (its using Accel DFI). They couldnt get the detonation to go away before blowing up the motor. Anyhow now its time to rebuild it.

Does anyone know of some inexpensive _replacement grade_ low compression pistons that i could use?

Also we have been hearing that the connecting rods in these engines are not re-usuable? Is this true or can i use the same rods and just put different pistons on the ends of them? If i have to get some new rods then again if yall can point me in the right direction that would be great. I was looking at some eagle SIR forged I beams.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Steve.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your building the engine for a blower put forged pistions and rods in it. The stock crank will be plenty strong. You might want to think about having a sponcer build you a short block,and exchange yours. Pistons: check out Mahle & JE. Rods: Lunati, crower, and eagle. I got my SB from texas speed for $3200 with out any cores, I didnt want to give up my stock SB. Build sheet Ls1 block, 347ci, stock crank, forged mahle pistons -2cc, forged crower rods, ARP hardware, and new cam bearings.