Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ladder Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Ladder Bars?

I have a '95 Firebird V6 car that I am currently turning into a BBC Street/Strip car. I was just wondering since I have an old chevelle 12-bolt housing laying around, has anybody here ever put ladder bars in a 4th gen f-body? Were ther any issues with the rear seat floor pans or the backs where the front crossmember will have to go? Did any notching or cutting have to be done? Can you post any pics of your setups. Right now I am just trying to decide on whether to ladder bar the car or go with a stock style suspension setup. But since I have a 12 bolt-housing the ladder bar setup is going to be much cheaper for me to do right now. I have done this before to '66 chevelle and setting up the system is no problem, the difference is the Chevelle had a frame that easy to access for the front crossmember. Please list you thought & experiences, and again if you have them please post your pics.

Thank in advance.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will lose the rear seat lowers. Also you will need to run a set of framerails from the front subframe to the rear to attach the crossmember to. Then after you get everything mounted you will need to sheetmetal over it all.

225-343-9029
Old 12-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you very much for the info. Could I put in the box type subframe connectors, will they work?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The Wolfe thru the floor will work. What you will save in parts you will probably double in labor.

225-343-9029
Old 12-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Lots of things to consider. I want the stock floor to be there if at all possible, guess I will doing a stock bolt on suspension set up. WIll be a lot more fun to play with that way. Thanks again I really appreciate it. I saw on your website you have torque arms listed for the 4th gen's, do you make any other suspension pieces, or anything related to a BBC setup (motorplates). I think I may have asked about the motorplates in the past but I can't remember.

Thank You.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I make all the rear pieces plus the manual rack.. I also have the motorplates in stock.

225-343-9029