Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2/ knock sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2/ knock sensor problems

I recently changed out both of my O2 sensors, the front ones because I don't have back ones any more, and right after this I have got a knock sensor code 0327 like 3 times in the last week. Its just a soft code and can be reset by pulling the battery cable off for a sec. My question is what's the deal with this. I got a couple of O2 codes when I first put on the headers but after that I went away never to return. The reason I changed them both out was because I was have a little problem with it being to rich I believe. I would l drive around for a while not hard or anything, park it for 5 mins or so then come out and it would subtler until you floor it and its gets past 3000 rpm or so. I have not had this problem since I change them out but I have a new pone so what gives. I have not tuned it with the new mods on there just deleted a few things and such with ls1edit. I also know a bout early 98 knock sensors being real faulty but I have never had a problem wit them till I changed out the O2 sensors. Thanks Josh
Old 12-09-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

ok update...I reset the code again and It only comes on under WOT or right after that...If this helps.. I'm going to change the O2 sensors back to see if the problem goes away
Old 12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Your old o2's were running lazy, which means they were on the rich side.
Installing new o2's corrected that issue. But now the pcm sees a lean condition which is causing some knock. Program wot for a little more fuel and the code will go away.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

that sounds right. I installed my old o2 sensors and the light has not come back on but its running real rich, Makes my eyes water when I by the exhaust. So how much fuel you think I need? 10% more? I am not sure as I am fairly need to tuning and have been taking baby steps to tuning so far. Thanks Josh
Old 12-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Banned

If it makes your eyes water, it's probably not rich. I'll bet you it's lean.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Banned

What are you using to scan with? If you're running HPtuners, just reset the Ltrms and then run a histogram. Get the VE table in line for part throttle and then tune the WOT.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

OK I changed the PE vs. RPM in the power enrichment figure to a multiplier of 105%. This should bring my fuel up by by 5% at WOT correct? Does anybody think this is too much or too little? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this whole tuning thing. Thanks Josh

Last edited by joshtownsend; 12-10-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You need to scan it so you know what you're doing. What are your LTrms at?