Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

I have a HUGE problem.....I took on the task of fixing a friend's car (which I now see that I shouldn't have). Anyway, The OBDII was giving me codes for the EGR valve and misfires in 4 different cylinders...so I replaced the EGR along with all of the plugs....I also put a new fuel filter on it and changed the oil when I did it. I first gapped all of the 6 plugs to 0.54 (which is what the company recommended), I then put anti-sieze on the threads of the plugs and screwed them down into their chambers. I then put all of the plug wires on them to where they made that clicking sound when they connect with the tip of the plug. Following the plugs, I unbolted the old EGR valve and bolted on the new one (I also installed new gaskets in place of the old ones). Following the EGR valve, I removed the fuel filter from the line, I then put in the new fuel filter by putting it in the correct position for forward flow and attaching the two hoses to it. After that I changed the oil by draining the old oil, removing the filter, putting the drain plug back in, putting the new filter on (and putting oil around the seal on the filter for a better seal), and then putting new oil in to full capacity. WHERE DID I GO WRONG??????????? The car is now sputtering to start...and when it does start, it may make it to 700 RPM but then quickly sputters back down to 0. Sometimes it just tries to turn over and won't! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-This is not an LS1 or LS6 motor....I just thought that maybe one of you when know enough to be able to help me. Thank you guys much.