Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM sensor inputs

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM sensor inputs

Hope this post is appropriate for this forum. Have any of you dug into the PCM and looked at the sensor inputs? I suspect the bank 1 O2 sensor input on my '98 LS1 PCM is bad. The car is my daily driver so I haven't gotten the PCM out and done any circuit tracing on it yet. I was thinking if the sensor inputs were discrete components I could take those from the unused bank 2 rear sensor input for replacement parts or do some wire mods and use the rear bank 2 circuit. I would appreciate any info before I start digging around.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right, this belongs in the PCM section. I would test the circuit per the GM service manuals before tearing into the PCM. Some of the circuits are shared within the PCM, so it's rare when the PCM (or the circuit itself) is actually bad. Usually a bad sensor or shorted wire causes a split circuit to have problems which in turn will set multiple codes specific to the sensor and the shared circuit. So first I would check for DTC's and just for piece of mind I would swap your PCM into another similarly equipped 98 car to verify if the PCM is working properly. Hope this helps.