Help ATX, SA, Htown Peeps!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help ATX, SA, Htown Peeps!!!

I freakin got a ticket back home in houston for having a cutout on my car, not open but it just being there. I havent called the court to find out how much it would cost but i was wondering if guys here could help me with a shop in the Autin, San Antonio or Houston area that could take off the cut out an weld a small piece of pipe there? Also for the court i would need an invoice from an "ACP, APE, APC, something" certified mechanic for the installation. I have until december 23 so if anybody can help me out i would really appreciate it. thanks,
Chad
Old 12-13-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

what was teh actual ticket for? what law was broken?
as far as i know its not illegal to have a cut out. it is to run an open one before the muffler or cat.

brook
Old 12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

The ticket is for a muffler violation and "cutout" in that part as well. This is go gay and i figure it would be chaper to get a piece of pipe put in instead of paying the ticket off. Please help me out
Old 12-13-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you just get a reciept/invoice and take a picture of a stock exhaust to the judge?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28chad27
The ticket is for a muffler violation and "cutout" in that part as well. This is go gay and i figure it would be chaper to get a piece of pipe put in instead of paying the ticket off. Please help me out

So you have a muffler, right? I may be wrong, but I thought it was legal to have a cutout as long as it was closed on public streets. "For track use only" or such. Look up the law somewhere and see if you can fight it.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ticket is for a muffler violation and "cutout" in that part as well.
you didnt brake the law. you had a muffler (in use) and theres nothing illegal about having a capped cutout on your car.

you didnt brake the law.

brook
Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

I totally understnad what yall are saying. When he issued me the ticket i got out of my car an he took me to his an pulled out this thick book (guess the texas law book) an thumbed to the muffler section and it said something about a cutout or bypass pipe so that was his justification and hence why it says cutout on the ticket. Its a screwy situation for a messed up cop who probable hasnt met his quota for the month..
Old 12-13-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you actually look at the book? or did h just tell you what it said.

you should have told him to also not on the ticket that it was not open.

i would go to court and tell them the situation and it will be thrown out

brook
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

The '06 Z06 has an exhaust bypass straight from the factory. I would fight the ticket as long as you did have it capped and running through the muffler at the time of the incident.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I totally understnad what yall are saying. When he issued me the ticket i got out of my car an he took me to his an pulled out this thick book (guess the texas law book) an thumbed to the muffler section and it said something about a cutout or bypass pipe so that was his justification and hence why it says cutout on the ticket. Its a screwy situation for a messed up cop who probable hasnt met his quota for the month..
ya the book probably meant that you couldnt have an "open" cutout. whytf would he give you a ticket for a closed cutout. You could have just bought car and not of even known what it was...
your car isnt that loud with out the cutout open right? so what did he pull you over for?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

When he pulled me over and tooke me to his car and pulled out the book he showed me and i saw the part about the muffler section and it said no cutout or bypass. So in the violation part of the ticket it says "muffler violation (cutout installed)." So im thinkin they are illegal to have installed. I dont have the time to fight it and im installing in long tubes anyway so i just want a shop in houston that i can have them install a small piece of pipe in its place and i give the court the invoice from that shop. Once again thanks guys for the imput but i need a shop
Old 12-17-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

So im thinkin they are illegal to have installed.
you thought wrong.

so you dont have the time to fight it yet you do have the time to take it to a shop and pay them to change it.

and i saw the part about the muffler section and it said no cutout or bypass.
thats right your not allowed to run a muffler bypass/ cutout. you wernt using one. what you had was exactly like havign a stock exhaust.

i guess you dont care if they "punish" you for a law you didnt brake.

Once again thanks guys for the imput but i need a shop
any exhaust shop can do it. im sure you drive by plenty on a daily basis. the yellow pages has plenty listed too.

brook
Old 12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Just take it to SW Muffler on HWY 6. And get the reciept and description of the work they did...
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brook: Some laws are interpreted differently by different authorities. Saying that he was wrong and he should fight the system when you don't know for sure is a good way to give someone bad advice. I'm guessing that if there is some room for interpretation in this law it would be up to a judge to decide. And please stop mispelling "break." Its not spelled "brake."

btw...pics of the wrecked Z06?

Ryan
Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96-speed
Brook: Some laws are interpreted differently by different authorities. Saying that he was wrong and he should fight the system when you don't know for sure is a good way to give someone bad advice. I'm guessing that if there is some room for interpretation in this law it would be up to a judge to decide. And please stop mispelling "break." Its not spelled "brake."

btw...pics of the wrecked Z06?

Ryan

You are correct, sir. The security staff at my Credit Union I work @ is compiled DPS officers, including one Texas Ranger. I just asked the officer on duty today (Trooper 4) and he said the same thing. It is ILLEGAL to have a cut-out on the vehicle, PERIOD! "For Track Use Only" means something...FOR TRACK USE ONLY!!! Open or not! Like Ryan said, the law can be interpreted many ways, the Judge and Officer will interpret it their way. Thats what counts.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help BIG S. When u wanna bring out that C5. Ill race u with the e-brake on an still pull!!!Sike. What u doin for new years? Holla at ya boy.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help BIG S. When u wanna bring out that C5. Ill race u with the e-brake on an still pull!!!Sike. What u doin for new years? Holla at ya boy.
LMAO!!! We do need to run! I am going to Austin...Six Street Baby!