Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

give exterior ideas for Formula

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default give exterior ideas for Formula

The car is NBM and lacking a little character. I want a few different touches and I have a good mental picture. Please make suggestions after reading my ideas. Feel free to post pics of NBM Birds preferably Formulas.

Black or purple is okay because they are similiar enough too.

I ordered clear side markers stainless steel side vent covers Formula emblems and Pontiac rear inlay. I still have to put my magnaflow cat back on. I already have an idea of wheels C6 Z06 Chrome. I don't want to lower it or paint stock calipers. Tint is illegal in NJ except on rear. NJ also has a front license plate law too so off came the center piece. I don't want those crappy fixed headlights. I don't want racing stripes of any sort. The hood and spoiler I would like to leave alone for right now. What other options does a guy have to tastefully dress up the exterior.

I have not looked extensively but it seems like 3rd gen birds have so many different options and directions as compared with my new one. I'm not sayting I don't like it because that is far from the truth.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

the only things a Firebird/TA need to look really good are wheels, springs, nice exaust tips, and a hood of some sort (WS6, WS9, Raptor, etc.)

anything else is just a waste of time IMO
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you know what you want. what do you need us for?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree the car does not need much if anything to look good which is why I fell in love with the 98-02 body style. But I like seeing a car that is mildy and tastefully modified and just different from the next guy that bought the same car. Thats one of the reasons behind this post. It is easier for you and other WS6 guys to make that comment because your car needs even less dress up. Very nice car by the way. Always preferred the silver over the pewter that so many have. Silver is a very ordinary color nowadays but on your WS6 it clearly defines all of the mean lines. My NBM Formula has lines but less of them that are not accented as well. The color is confused as it hides details and does not know if wants to be black purple or just plain old blue.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
Sounds like you know what you want. what do you need us for?
yes but I want to build upon it with the help of you guys
Old 12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put some Stainless steel formula badges on the doors, and pull off the side mouldings, you could also add the clear center piece to give the front a more finished look, while still having the required front plate
Old 12-13-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
yes but I want to build upon it with the help of you guys
Adding to it would be lowering it, WS6 hood and such, and you know you dont want those..You have good ideas, Not alot else you can do that you havent addressed.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think your car is gunna "stand out" from the others with what you have said...our formys are great looking cars and do just need a little help..and i know what you mean w/ the color hiding the fine lines...good luck! and if your just gunna store your front inlay...im in the market for one!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

ill trade you my navy one if you get me a clear one from afterthoghts auto otherwise ill hang on to it just incase i move outta nj
Old 12-14-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

I f-ing hate hot those stock hood look and a firebird looks way to low I say everthing you said but lower it and get a hood just not a ws6 cause i think they look tacky on firebirds.and maybe add a mecham spoiler add on .then it will look awsome i hate firebirds stock but once fixed up there awsome

Quick Reply: give exterior ideas for Formula