Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS headers installed and tuned by VETTE DOCTORS

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPIS headers installed and tuned by VETTE DOCTORS

Hey guys,

My first experience with the vette doctors was a pleasureable one. I come to Vette Doctors with TPIS longtubes and highflow cats. I drop the car off in the morning and Carmen tells me she will be ready the same day. I call around lunch time and the headers are almost on and they are going to be tuning a hour later. I arrive at vette doctors and the car is being set up on the dyno. Carmen gets in and starts to work his magic! About 7-8 passes later (car sounds vicious on the dyno) he is done. Car made 388rwhp and 375rwtq with a 12.8 (30F in NY) air fuel ratio all the way across, flat as a table. We compare and see that we picked up 20rwhp+ and tons of tq through out the rpm band with tuning. Im happy with the gains and the way I was treated at Vette Doctors. I would like to thank Carmen and the whole gang there for that.
I will definetly be using them in the future also and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone I come across too.

Driving the car home, the car feels awesome! I love the midrange and top end pull. Made a big difference.

The #'s I posted are STD as the #'s I had before were STD also. So this is what I am going by to see my gain.
Pre headers and tuning: 367rwhp 364rwtq
After headers and tuning: 388rwhp 375rwtq 21rwhp and 11rwtq, good enough for me.

SAE #'s were 376rwhp and 371rwtq I beleive. I forgot to grab the dyno sheets but I will be back on friday and I will post them up later.

All these #'s are on a nitrous tune, with NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .35.
No nitrous numbers yet but possibly Friday I will have those also.

-Zee
Old 12-14-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

nice gains---sound really good now..?????? I BET IT DOES..