PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which controls idle AFR ?

Old 12-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which controls idle AFR ?

Trying to get my Idle leaned out for cam.
Got EFILive, confused on just what controls idle fuel ratio.
Is it "commanded fuel in open loop" - (b3605 ) or the VE pri or sec tables (b0101/b0103) that controls idle when engine cold (open loop) ??

Also, is this correct, in the VE table, adjusting the numbers smaller leans the AFR, and in the "commanded fuel in open loop" table, adjusting the numbers higher gives higher A/F ratio (leaner) ... this correct ??
Old 12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

reducing ve leans out the engine.
So yes, low rpm and map ve is where you would start leaning for cam idle, check your logs to see what map you are at for idle.
PE numbers are actual commanded afr, so lower numbers = richer. But this is only accurate if you ve is accurate... so you need to tune your ve using speeddensity mode.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

So, the "commanded fuel in open loop" table is used for PE during WOT, and NOT open loop as in when the engine is cold, and has not gotten into closed-loop mode yet.

Ok now I understand, it is VE I need to get tuned first. I have noticed in my logs that lower MAP ( < 50 kPa ) and lower RPM ranges is where I'm runnin rich, so i'll need to get my VE in line there to lean it back out.

thanks for the info
Old 12-15-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

b3605 is for open loop until the engine is warm enough, though the numbers will only be accurate if your ve is accurate.

PE at WOT is set in B3618 plus other trigger and mod tables.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which controls idle AFR ?