Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flange situation

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default flange situation

As far as the header flange be warped that is normal it will never be perfectlly straight thats why there are gaskets.

NOW as far as the holes being off this was the first time we have heard of the problem. We have already made a change to the laser cutting machine to correct this issue. I have a understanding that it was not every flange I went out in the shop and looked over our stock and out of 100 flanges I found one that was off. So that all I needed to see. Like I said we have alredy made the change and it will not happen at all again. I am sorry if anyone was affect by this. It has been rectafied. Thanks for everyone that use our product. If there is any further issues with the product please call me at 631 586 9002 ext 308 George R
Old 12-16-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR@kooks
As far as the header flange be warped that is normal it will never be perfectlly straight thats why there are gaskets.

NOW as far as the holes being off this was the first time we have heard of the problem. We have already made a change to the laser cutting machine to correct this issue. I have a understanding that it was not every flange I went out in the shop and looked over our stock and out of 100 flanges I found one that was off. So that all I needed to see. Like I said we have alredy made the change and it will not happen at all again. I am sorry if anyone was affect by this. It has been rectafied. Thanks for everyone that use our product. If there is any further issues with the product please call me at 631 586 9002 ext 308 George R

Laser is just a machine like any other. If he works his as hard everyday like I do mine they will "hickup" now and then.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lasershop
Laser is just a machine like any other. If he works his as hard everyday like I do mine they will "hickup" now and then.

i.e. the whole point of quality control, to catch the outliers in the manufacturing process.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H8 LUZN
i.e. the whole point of quality control, to catch the outliers in the manufacturing process.
sometimes you just cant catch it, they are rectifying the situation so its all good
Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice on taking the initiative to fix the issue! Its good to hear you jumped right on it.