Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0151 P0174 need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0151 P0174 need some help

i have a 1996 s10 with a 2000 ls1/t56. i've been having some problems lately with the engine. shortly after startup, the truck would start to sputter and it would sound and feel like it wasn't running on all cylinders. it would generally only last for about 5-10 seconds and then just like that it was back to normal. it kept doing this for about a week. it would only do it after i had just started the engine. finally the other day it did it for about 2 minutes straight and when it went back to normal, i could notice a little sputter. it finally threw a couple codes then. p0151 Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1, and P0174 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2. i changed out the o2 sensor on the pass side but to no avail. i'm at a loss here. i'm not very good with engines. i changed the spark plugs on the pass side and they were all fouled. there's also a black soot pile, basically a bunch of fuel. can anybody help?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

With the lean code check for any type of a vacuum leak,first step.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

all the vaccum lines are fine. i tried messing with them and restarted it but to no avail. its basically dripping fuel out of the pass side exhaust. i had taken the intake off to change the coolant crossover lines to the ls6 lines the other day. do you think something may not be seated properly? i dont think that is the case though as it was doing this before i even removed the intake. im seriously at a loss.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

i'm finally working on my truck again. i've checked pretty much all that i know to check. the 02 sensor is getting power and a ground. the truck will run but very poorly and i won't let it run for more than a couple seconds. i do'nt have a scanner so i don't know exactly what codes are being thrown, but it started flashing the other day when i tried it so i'm assuming its a miss. based on what i've mentioned, what would you guys do to try to fix it?

Quick Reply: P0151 P0174 need some help