Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil sensor problem

I was pulling out my motor a few weeks ago and had it all the way up to the windshield with the cherry picker and I was gonna disconnect the oil sensor, and the chain jus kinda twisted and pulled the wire right out of the sensor

the sensor is still where it supposed to be but the 2 wires arent in it.........how do i fix that??

at least i think its the oil sensor....its on the pass side of the motor right by the oil pan.

If anybody knows what to do can you please let me know.

Adam
Old 12-16-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Towards the back to the engine? That's the crank position sensor. Did you break the sensor or break the wires? I don't understand what you're saying. If you broke the wires, fix them. If you broke the sensor, replace it.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can take apart the sensor and reconnect the wires if you want. It's a little tricky if it's your first time doing it. I tried and busted the connector on my first time so I just went to a dealership and ordered one.

And if you're wondering the wires are reversible so it won't matter how you put them back in.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this as well. It's the oil level sensor I imagine. Right by the starter on the side of the oil pan.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JakeY2KZ
You can take apart the sensor and reconnect the wires if you want. It's a little tricky if it's your first time doing it. I tried and busted the connector on my first time so I just went to a dealership and ordered one.

And if you're wondering the wires are reversible so it won't matter how you put them back in.
thanks I'll try that
Old 12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 777
I did this as well. It's the oil level sensor I imagine. Right by the starter on the side of the oil pan.
you got it, what happened was the wires just pulled right out of the sensor so I guess i will try to take the sensor apart and put the wires back in.