Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Question

I hear a lot of people talk about FLP's headers and I am interested in them. The question is are FLP's headers the dynatech supermaxx headers or is there another one. Any help is appreciated. Please let me know where I can see some info on these and see pictures of them. Thanks Again.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

hm.............you need to do more research.... flp were one of the nicest headers out a few years back...but they arent stainless so they eventually rust..
do more reseach and you'll come up with QTP stainless being possibly your best choice.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Kooks is the way to go in my opinion. The great thing about them is the headers are stainless, and they give you options!! 1 3/4, 1 7/8, or even stepped headers!! Race headers with no emissions, or they also have them with all the factory emission hook ups. They also have a nice Y pipe (off road or high flow cats) that is aluminized. We keep Kooks on the shelf and would be happy to get you pricing for what you need. Feel free to call, pm, or email me with any questions!!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any reason why not to go with qtp. I've been seeing some issues with kooks quality control, unless it's been resolved. qtp also has the high velocity merge.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Default Headers

Well, I have to be careful with which headers I chose because of clearence. I have eibach's pro kit so I am dropped about 1" to 1-1/2" and I don't want to raise the car.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Ram Air
Well, I have to be careful with which headers I chose because of clearence. I have eibach's pro kit so I am dropped about 1" to 1-1/2" and I don't want to raise the car.
You're fine with any selection as long as you don't use SLP's (due to low hanging collectors).
All others tuck up fine.

$- Pacesetter
$$- Hooker
$$$- QTP or Kooks (QTP HVMC fan and satisfied customer myself).

The supramaxx system looks neat too. Pretty pricey.

I will be in the market for LT's again soon (new build up) and if I do an F-bod again, I'm leaning towards Edelbrock stepped. Great price, great collector, great Y. SDPC---->
Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

i know alot of people will tell you kooks or qtp. but they are really, really expensive. if it were me i would just get pacesetters. you pretty much can get all your bolt ons for the price of kooks or qtp. you figure kooks or qtp are atleast gonna set you back 1400 bucks. in my eyes, thats your lid, pacesetter longtubes w/ ory, a catback, and pulleys. and i think tsp has said over and over it puts the same amount of hp like all the other brands. everybodys seems to like their pacesetters. the only thing that sucks is the y pipe.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

I am going to agree with TXZ28LS1 QTP/KOOKS are pretty expensive it you dont care about them rusting go ahead and get pacesetters, but if quality is what you are looking for just spend more money now than regreting it later on. I just ordered some qtp's after a long time of holding back.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
i know alot of people will tell you kooks or qtp. but they are really, really expensive. if it were me i would just get pacesetters. you pretty much can get all your bolt ons for the price of kooks or qtp. you figure kooks or qtp are atleast gonna set you back 1400 bucks. in my eyes, thats your lid, pacesetter longtubes w/ ory, a catback, and pulleys. and i think tsp has said over and over it puts the same amount of hp like all the other brands. everybodys seems to like their pacesetters. the only thing that sucks is the y pipe.
its not necessarily a matter of hp... but yes QTPs will generate more.... but the main issue is not having issues.. I had Jethots before my QTPs and i had to replace them after like 6-8 months.. so do the math..in the long run it was a bad investment... from my experience i wouldnt get any headers unless they were stainless.,many will agree with me
Old 12-16-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

no doubt, definitely stainless. but man, you can spend that 1400 bucks towards all your other mods. ive even heard people thats had ceramic coating for more than a year and everything is fine. somebody was saying, unless you live in a messed up weather area than i would worry about ceramic coating.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Durien
its not necessarily a matter of hp... but yes QTPs will generate more.... but the main issue is not having issues.. I had Jethots before my QTPs and i had to replace them after like 6-8 months.. so do the math..in the long run it was a bad investment... from my experience i wouldnt get any headers unless they were stainless.,many will agree with me
You're so right, Pacesetters are so attractive for the price, but QTP's are stainless, and therefore IMO worth every cent.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

heres another thing too, in case your pacesetters do rust off after a year or 2, it would still be cheaper. 2 sets of pacesetters is still cheaper than qtp..lol...