Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer problems help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry computer problems help!!!

Last night me and my friend were putting his new exhaust on. Well we crank up the car a few time to see how it sounds with and without mufflers. The last time we crank it the car just shut off. So we check the battery, its was fine, checked all the fuses, all good. I put the key in and turn to the on position and you usually see the abs, ses, and all those other lights come on, but they don't come on and the security light thats on the dash keeps flashing. We thought it my be some kind of security deal so we tryed his extra key but same thing.

Also we have hptuners and it didn't even see that there was a computer.
Do you think the computer fried or something? The car is a 99 trans am ws6

Please post you comments anything is helpful.
I guess i have to call one of my friends that is a gm tech.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please help me whoever(my car we were workin on). i disconnected the battery overnite hopin to reset the computer and everything, but still nothin today when i reconnected the batt. the key turns no problem, dings when its first put in witht the door open. when its turned to start, it doesn't do a damn thing. no dash lights, no gauges. i connected my laptop to the OBD2 with HP TUners, but it couldn't find the pcm witht eh key in run. im guessing it has something to do with the VATS ****. its not the keys, so im kinda guessing its the ignition cylinder itself. while we did the TD install, we didn't fool with any wiring or anything. the car started right up reved it a few times to hear it, then turned it off. ncd went to start it for me to hear, and not a damn thing. the fuel pump doesn't seem to kick on either.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ignition switch?

thats what it sounds like. my friends s10 has trouble. the truck would shut off on him and now it wont start at all. we turn the key forward one time and the odometer came on and the battery light (like all other s10's do) and then nothing after that, no warning lights, no radio, no anything. i would start by checking ignition fuses and relays if you havent.