80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What should I do?

I am in the market for a different viechle. I dont have an F-body but it is one of the viechles Im thinking about.

Route 1. Im thinking about getting a fairly new pickup work on getting that paid for and then get a drag car. I live in South Dakota so I like to hunt and fish and stuff so pickup would be very handy plus sometimes the winters suck.

Or

Route 2. Get a LS1 F-body and mod it and have fun with it in the Summer months. If I go this route I will need a different viechle anyway since you cant drive a Muscle car in snow. The second one would probaly be an older pick up or something similar since I like to hunt and fish.

Im leaning toward the Route 1 just because the car sceane in SD kind of sucks and no one like to have fun on the street anyway, they all want to race on the track. So why not just have drag only car?

But I have no idea. It seams like I change my mind as much as I change my underwear.

Last edited by BLK85; 12-18-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Route 2:
easy choice since you will have both this way.
I have my camaro for fun/sun and a older toyota 4x4 for camping/hunting.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:10 AM
12 Second Club

No one else?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLK85
Im leaning toward the Route 1 just because the car sceane in SD kind of sucks and no one like to have fun on the street anyway, they all want to race on the track. So why not just have drag only car?
Just because the street car scene sucks doesn't mean anything. I hardly see anyone to race on the street but driving the F-Bod to school and back makes the commute so much better. Even if I'm driving in traffic is just a great feeling to be in the Z. I say go route 2
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DGEN411
Just because the street car scene sucks doesn't mean anything. I hardly see anyone to race on the street but driving the F-Bod to school and back makes the commute so much better. Even if I'm driving in traffic is just a great feeling to be in the Z. I say go route 2
I can vouch for this.

Try to get a used vette or something.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like option #1. Get a truck, but nothing toooo expensive and save for a drag car. A nice truck will probably last you for years and it's more practical for where you live.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Okay as a former SD resident (Rapid City 12+yrs) I will totally agree with you about the lack of a car scene, as well as driving a f-body in the snow.... HELL NO!!! Either choice is good I have a 99 TA and would never drive it during the winter months there, that's why I also had a 79 full size 4X4.
Got to have a fun car for the summer months, I personally don't think I would go for the straight up drag car, probably more strip-street.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

I did some checking. I think Im going to go with route 2. $2k pickups arent hard to find. So Im searching for a TA.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

look at my sig...thats the route to take....found the z71 for payoff...
Old 12-20-2005, 08:17 AM
12 Second Club

Hell yea thats the route to take. I would love to have a list like yours (except 6" lift and 35" tires on the Z71). But I am just getting done with school this year and dont expect to be making that much money.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I plan on selling my Tahoe in the spring and getting a 91+ Cherokee for $1,000<. That'll be cheap, kinda easy on gas, and old enough I can pound the guys out of it and not feel bad.

This way I can spend the money on either another Camaro or GTO in the spring. After having a 4x4 this winter, I know I will always want one - but I love my cars, and they are more important. So a beater 4x4 is good enough so I can have a nice fast car and still get around in the winter.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I plan on selling my Tahoe in the spring and getting a 91+ Cherokee for $1,000<. That'll be cheap, kinda easy on gas, and old enough I can pound the guys out of it and not feel bad.

This way I can spend the money on either another Camaro or GTO in the spring. After having a 4x4 this winter, I know I will always want one - but I love my cars, and they are more important. So a beater 4x4 is good enough so I can have a nice fast car and still get around in the winter.
yeah, id have a hard time getting rid of my truck after having it and having its convenience. id almost say the car would have to go. but i just wont get rid of either. when i sell my truck...im buying another truck...and if i get rid of my car im buying another car. thats how im looking at it.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know exactly what you are going through i live by canton... its like 20 minutes from sioux falls, i love hunting and fishing but i love camaros/fbodies, but i bought a nice camaro then just get a beater 4x4 to take hunting, it works, and you dont care if you throw a bloody deer in back and go in the mud and hit a rock with it you just keep going thats my perspective on it
Old 01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

If you're getting out of school, I wouldnt jump that overboard with 2 vehicles.

Pickup the beater or a semi-beater and hold onto that for awhile. See how your finances go and then worry about getting your "fun" car in the summer. The GT500s are gonna be out sooner than you think, and Im sure there's gonna be some people getting rid of their LS1s for 'em. Might be able to find a better deal then, and at least then you'll have more of a steady cash flow for mods

Just another option