Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone attended EFI101??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone attended EFI101??

I heard a few good things about the EFI101 classes, but has anyone hear ever attended it or know anyone who has?

Jesse
Old 12-20-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to it a few months ago. Its pretty good on the basic theory. The class is geared towards tuning with aftermarket computers (for instance motec/halltech/aem, etc) but the general concepts are the same.

If you go into it expecting to be shown how to use tuning software on oem pcms specifically, you will be dissappointed. However, if you want to get a good feel for how to dyno tune with a standalone aftermarket pcm its the thing to check out.

They also demonstrate how to use a brake dyno and how to use the dyno for its real purpose (i.e. not wot power runs).
Old 12-20-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I did very good class, I would highly recomend taking the Dyno Tune section as well if you can afford it, to tie every thing together.
I would have like to seen more coverage on other tunners as well Ie Hpt, Ls1 edit. But the basics were there.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

what program was it based around?? EFILive??
Old 12-20-2005, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

I went to the class and it was very informative. It is not centered around ls1s it is very much a gereral over view and is geared tword aftermarket engine manegement systems. When i went he was using realtime softwear witch i can imagine was probly 10k plus. That is the only real problem they do a good job in not trying to make it just about one thing though They try to cover things generly and not latch on to a certan brand or car. When i went there were guys from F.A.S.T. there as well as so guys there for boat engines and motor cycle engines. If you want to get a good understnding of how tunning works go to the class if you want to be shown how to tune get a buddy who has spare time to show you how, or just read on hptuners site and here there is lots of info.