Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new paint...now what

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default new paint...now what

I pick up my car from the paintshop today. it was mostly primer before so i didnt need to care for it. How should i start off with the new paint. It is base coat/clear coat. Thanks. One of my friends uses Zaino and his stuff looks awesome so I may end up there but dunno what you do first to new paint
Old 12-21-2005, 05:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask the painter what they recommend as far as care and prep. Some places wont want you to wash it initially but after a week its safe, other shops might want you to wait awhile longer (say 2+) before applying any type of sealent/wax.

As far as products, Zaino is top notch and will work great. Personally, I like Meguiares being its inexpensive (for my college budget) and readilly available. But damn near anything from Klasse to Zainos to Meg's will work great. Checkout websites like autopita for products and recommendations. ZaneO is a good reference for this stuff, he always gives great info.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to the painter to see when you can wax/seal the paint (mine said wait 90 days before wax/sealer)
As for what to use, you'll get as many opinions on that as there are users on this site.
Zaino is good, so is Meguires, Menzerna, Klasse, etc etc etc.
No matter what you end up using, it's the prep that'll make it look good