Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pocono Track days Announced. June 16 & 17 2006

Old 12-21-2005, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pocono Track days Announced. June 16 & 17 2006

Hot off the presses everyone...

The Tri Region Race Group voted last night to hold its 2nd Annual PDX at Pocono on June 16 and 17, 2006. That is the Friday and Saturday before Fathers day..

The long course will be used. This is the 2.5 mile club racing course used for all of the SCCA races. A chicane will be utilized in the back straight.

Full details will be forthcoming after the Tri Region January meeting, but mark your calendars. The schedule, pricing and run groups are yet to be determined...

If you want to reserve a spot early, send me an email and I will forward them to Judy Bloeser who is setting up to be regestrar.

Rules and regs will be similar to the 2005 set... Convertibles will have to have a roll bar or approved cage... Sessions will be grouped by experience level and instructors will be on hand...

This will be a SCCA sanctioned event and will be held in accordance with SCCA rules and it is planned to be a user friendly and fun event, with a lot of high speed track time...

Everyone is welcome to come and participate!!! All Makes and Models of cars...

Please mark your calendars and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone
Old 12-21-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so this is a "drivers education" type event? not a race.
i never heard of tri region race group; do they have a web site?
i did poc long course last year; it was awesome. There are two "long course" configs. clockwise (using north and south infields) and counter clockwise (using north infield).
Here's my vid when we did clockwise and double infield:
http://207.127.219.37/video/poclong_0002.wmv

pics:
http://207.127.219.37/poctriple05.htm
Old 12-22-2005, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not a race... It is a performance driving event that will include instruction for those who have never been on track before.

The long course that will be used is the SCCA Club track... Runs clockwise thru nascar turn 1... And thenorth side of the infield. Lots of straight aways and a very fun course!!!

Search this Thread