A-1 technologies bolts/studs

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A-1 technologies bolts/studs

I,m in the process of putting together my engine for my new race car and i have a few questions on bolt/stud selection. I will be making atleast 1200hp with an iron block and i need to know if anyone has run any A-1 technologies 7/16 bolts. I've been told from some very good sources that the 7/16 bolt from A-1 is srtonger and better than running the ARP 1/2 studs. If anyone has some info for me and can help out it'd be great. The people i've talked to that are useing A-1 stuff are NASCAR team members for DEI and Yates and a few Top Fuel NHRA guys, but i've only heard of a handfull of guys using them in there LSX based motors, and they don't have any problems lifting heads yet.

Chris
Old 12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

no clue 1200hp must be a turbo
Old 12-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Launching!

keep guessing
Old 12-25-2005, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Well since no one has probably ever heard of A-1 fasteners, then let me ask what are the big hp guys doing. Besides the usual 1/2 studs and o-ringed block with a reciever groove on the head. There are a few other tricks i have but i just want some feed back.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

You should be fine with the standard ARP Stud. The Copper gasket with the O-Ring in the block and Receiver Groove in the head would be the way I would go.

If you're really serious about going fast I would get my hands on the World Products block. The stock stuff moves around quite a bit once you put big power to it, and that can cause you all sorts of longevity problems.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Chris, I am going to agree with Ben on this one. Although everyone here minus red90cobra went to SAM LOL.

You were there when you, judson and I discussed the A-1 stuff. Big nitrous still lifts, but the copper gaskets and o-ring, blah blah blah has held up for the most part
Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ben R
You should be fine with the standard ARP Stud. The Copper gasket with the O-Ring in the block and Receiver Groove in the head would be the way I would go.

If you're really serious about going fast I would get my hands on the World Products block. The stock stuff moves around quite a bit once you put big power to it, and that can cause you all sorts of longevity problems.

I'd get the world products block but we want to build a true lsx style motor and the world block is not excepted in any class as of now. We already have a world products block on the way. We got a good source for those blocks when we went to PRI. There are plenty of people making awesome power with a stock iron block. The aluminum block moves around anything over 700hp but the iron block will hold 1500-1700 if it's done right. Lifting the heads is all due to the huge increase in cylinder presure. Most of these guys are only pulling there motors to 7000-7500 and cylinder presure is around 1800-2000 compared to a normal NA of around 600 at 5250. My motor will pull much higher than 7500 so the cylinder presure shoud be lower.