Dallas Area: Need a good exhaust shop.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dallas Area: Need a good exhaust shop.

Since search is broken, I'll go ahead and post this up.

I'm not looking for anything fancy really. I just need to get the muffler/tips hung, fabricate an intermediate pipe and a little fabrication on the stock Y-Pipe where it was cut off.

Can anyone recommend a place in the Dallas area that's pretty fair and does good work?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look up Mike (V6bird) He does exhaust side work.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Ahh, yeah. Forgot about him. Thanks for the reminder.

Anyone else?
Old 12-23-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Morbid
Since search is broken, I'll go ahead and post this up.

I'm not looking for anything fancy really. I just need to get the muffler/tips hung, fabricate an intermediate pipe and a little fabrication on the stock Y-Pipe where it was cut off.

Can anyone recommend a place in the Dallas area that's pretty fair and does good work?
I think i can get a Dynomax I-pipe for about $120 bucks...I can check on Monday if my supplier as one and if they are open...I can probably mate it all up for $150 total unless they hit me for shipping. What kind of time frame are you on?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Well, right now the car is running stock manifolds to the cats and to a chopped off Y-Pipe. The Y-Pipe was cut right after the bends towards the I-Pipe merge because if it were to go on as one piece, the I-Pipe merge would be pointing towards the rear tire. So there has to be some sort of fabrication on the Y-Pipe to get it to line up straight.

I'd have to go look at it again, but I'm pretty sure there'll need to be a bend in the I-Pipe to connect to the over-the-axle pipe. Then there's the actual hanging of said muffler/tips.

I believe that's all the work that needs to be done in a nutshell. I'm looking to do it anytime next week as I have the whole week off.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah definitely PM mike From what I've heard he knows what he' doing when it comes to the exhaust side of things
Old 12-24-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well, right now the car is running stock manifolds to the cats and to a chopped off Y-Pipe. The Y-Pipe was cut right after the bends towards the I-Pipe merge because if it were to go on as one piece, the I-Pipe merge would be pointing towards the rear tire. So there has to be some sort of fabrication on the Y-Pipe to get it to line up straight.

I'd have to go look at it again, but I'm pretty sure there'll need to be a bend in the I-Pipe to connect to the over-the-axle pipe. Then there's the actual hanging of said muffler/tips.

I believe that's all the work that needs to be done in a nutshell. I'm looking to do it anytime next week as I have the whole week off.
Isnt that the Y-pipe that I gave you?? Im pretty sure it was complete, or maybe i didnt have one to give to you...So what you are saying is that you need a y merge as well? If so then the 150 is out....If you cant find something cheaper, i will do it for you...But you know it will be pretty and un crimped stuff that i use. Think about it and we will come up with something..all else fails shoot me a email at mhutto01@yahoo.com with some pics of what you got and we can talk it through from there.

Mike
Old 12-24-2005, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Isnt that the Y-pipe that I gave you?? Im pretty sure it was complete, or maybe i didnt have one to give to you...So what you are saying is that you need a y merge as well? If so then the 150 is out....If you cant find something cheaper, i will do it for you...But you know it will be pretty and un crimped stuff that i use. Think about it and we will come up with something..all else fails shoot me a email at mhutto01@yahoo.com with some pics of what you got and we can talk it through from there.

Mike
Nah, you gave me the manifolds and cats. The Y-Pipe I picked up at FASTech and I'm guessing it was either bent or for a different year - I don't know. I have the piece we cut off, it just needs some tweaking to point it straight. If I had a camera, I'd take some pictures. I have a lot of time off, so I can just drive over there and show you if you want.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nah, you gave me the manifolds and cats. The Y-Pipe I picked up at FASTech and I'm guessing it was either bent or for a different year - I don't know. I have the piece we cut off, it just needs some tweaking to point it straight. If I had a camera, I'd take some pictures. I have a lot of time off, so I can just drive over there and show you if you want.
The only drive I want you making is the drive to fix it all in one day See what you can do for a camera from a neighbor something before you make the long drive out this way...Ill get you fixed up for sure man! Ill try monday to see if they have that pipe instock as well. When I went a few weeks ago they actually had a complete 1 piece one that I bet I could wiggle in the car by dropping the rear end and panhard setup to get it in place.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

i have my stock y-pipe you can have off my 01 if that will make things easy, its just been laying around in my garage taken up space for a while. by the way mike now my car hooks up like a ****! Thanks big pimp!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mmorrison09
i have my stock y-pipe you can have off my 01 if that will make things easy, its just been laying around in my garage taken up space for a while. by the way mike now my car hooks up like a ****! Thanks big pimp!
Yea that might help him out alot Mike....Make things easier as far as a straight forward install goes at least.

I meant to call you yesterday Mike to see how the ride home went. Glad things went well and you brought it to me to install them right the first time!!! Merry X-mas Mike and the rest!

Does the car drive like its on rails or what champ?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

yes sir it drives awesome! just give me a call if morbid decides to bring you his car to do the exhaust and he can have the y-pipe. merry x-mas!
Old 12-25-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

yes sir it drives awesome! just give me a call if morbid decides to bring you his car to do the exhaust and he can have the y-pipe. merry x-mas!
Ok chief...Time to hit the bacardi now!
Old 12-25-2005, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

I would definately like to pick that up from you. Just let me know how I can go about doing that and I'll make it disappear.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

just let me know when your ready to take your car to mike and we can meet up and you can have it.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

by the way... Doug at Advanced Exhaust in Duncanville off Cockrilll Hill does real good work... he is old school....takes his time and doesnt charge an big dime.

but Mike is where everyone seems to be going to... I am sure he specializes in LS1's! Where does he do the work at??

Is Mike the same guy that used to be on the TrueStreet website?? I think I met him at Kennedale years ago!!!??? and at the street races??

He was at 360 when I ran the "Dangerous" Crews White Cobra on 360 with my Grand Am GT and a nice 85 shot of N20!!!?? I will have that story to tell for the next 100 years!!! ROFLMAO
Old 12-27-2005, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

I'm starting to think that I don't even want this Flowmaster muffler and huge *** chrome 3" tips or whatever they are. I got it for free, so I'm not complaining... but I don't want that **** on my car really. I like the look of no exhaust tips. Can you fab up something like that Mike? I may just end up going to an exhaust shop and getting raped.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm starting to think that I don't even want this Flowmaster muffler and huge *** chrome 3" tips or whatever they are. I got it for free, so I'm not complaining... but I don't want that **** on my car really. I like the look of no exhaust tips. Can you fab up something like that Mike? I may just end up going to an exhaust shop and getting raped.
No exhaust tips.....Of course...Just depends on where you want to put them? Hideway tips at the bumper like a Mufflex setup or just dumping it under the car with a single bullet. You tell me what you want to do.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
by the way... Doug at Advanced Exhaust in Duncanville off Cockrilll Hill does real good work... he is old school....takes his time and doesnt charge an big dime.

but Mike is where everyone seems to be going to... I am sure he specializes in LS1's! Where does he do the work at??

Is Mike the same guy that used to be on the TrueStreet website?? I think I met him at Kennedale years ago!!!??? and at the street races??

He was at 360 when I ran the "Dangerous" Crews White Cobra on 360 with my Grand Am GT and a nice 85 shot of N20!!!?? I will have that story to tell for the next 100 years!!! ROFLMAO
You had the white Grandam on dope didnt you? If so I remember you, and yea, i only like to work on LS1's...Im biased with these cars..lol

Last edited by V6 Bird; 12-27-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
No exhaust tips.....Of course...Just depends on where you want to put them? Hideway tips at the bumper like a Mufflex setup or just dumping it under the car with a single bullet. You tell me what you want to do.
Some hideaway tips like the Mufflex would work. We can use the Flowmaster muffler and change the tips, if that's possible. Let me know.

Search this Thread