Suspension & Brakes - good street braking setup?

View Full Version : good street braking setup?

ronan
12-23-2005, 10:25 PM
i have decided against the "full drag" idea i had early this winter....so i'm selling my aerospace front drag brakes and want a good street setup. was thinking about a setup with z06 calipers and LG brackets, and some corvette aftermarket rotors slotted etc. how have systems such as that for the front worked for other fbody owners. thanks

BillS
12-24-2005, 01:10 PM
I have the LG kit and was able to make 5 60-0 stops all at 104 feet. that is with cheep ebay Vette slotted rotors and HP+ pads. I is covered in this months CarCraft where my car was in the RSE contest.
PS the AMX that won did 4 stops at 110ft and thn they said his last was 101, looked like a timing mistake to me.

ronan
12-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Bill, could you send me some of the info on your setup and maybe some pics if you have any? thanks man

dailydriver
12-26-2005, 04:02 PM
The only thing is, if you are into drag racing and plan on using skinnies up front, I would check to make sure that the LG conversion will clear whatever wheels you're using (with or without spacers).

jargan04
12-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I also have the LG Kit and love it. I kept the stock calipers, used the LG DBA rotors and EBC green stuff pads with the LG brackets. I wrote an entire step by step install guide on it. LG C5 Install Guide. (http://www.c-computers.com/C5-install/)

skatinjay27
12-26-2005, 06:13 PM
I have the LG kit and was able to make 5 60-0 stops all at 104 feet. that is with cheep ebay Vette slotted rotors and HP+ pads. I is covered in this months CarCraft where my car was in the RSE contest.
PS the AMX that won did 4 stops at 110ft and thn they said his last was 101, looked like a timing mistake to me.hah I was just looking at your set up in the car craft cause i need new pads and you car did great sux you took 2nd to that AMC