Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header/Muffler question...Please don't laugh

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Header/Muffler question...Please don't laugh

Santa dropped off a set of Supermaxx headers by Dynatech for me this year. I don't know the first thing about headers, except that I wanted some. My husband is going to do the install. My question is...do I have to have a muffler? I'm planning to keep everything else stock until after I run them for awhile (AIR/EGR/O2's).

I don't like having a muffler and I've had them cut off my last four cars within 24 hours of purchase. If I have to have one, does anyone have any suggestions for best performance and most of all...best sound. I like 'em LOUD! Not all that concerned with price.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Launching!

You dont have to have a muffler for the car to run but it's illegal in most areas not to have one and in my area I know i'd get into trouble with the cops because of it being too loud. If you want a really loud sounding exhaust i'd say go with an SLP loudmouth system. It's all stainless steel and it's not too expensive. If your willing to spend some cash I'd say get the GMMG. Its considered among many to be the best sounding exhuast and it's also stainless steel. Its fairly expensive but one of a kind sound.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shadow Assassin
Santa dropped off a set of Supermaxx headers by Dynatech for me this year. I don't know the first thing about headers, except that I wanted some. My husband is going to do the install. My question is...do I have to have a muffler? I like 'em LOUD! Not all that concerned with price.
Headers w/ no muffler ? Good luck. Hope no ones trying to
Old 12-24-2005, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by noblesramair
You dont have to have a muffler for the car to run but it's illegal in most areas not to have one and in my area I know i'd get into trouble with the cops because of it being too loud. If you want a really loud sounding exhaust i'd say go with an SLP loudmouth system. It's all stainless steel and it's not too expensive. If your willing to spend some cash I'd say get the GMMG. Its considered among many to be the best sounding exhuast and it's also stainless steel. Its fairly expensive but one of a kind sound.
What he said!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Get a Hooker cat back sounds way better then the SLP! No cats and LT's with the loudmouth and you will regret it.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a cut out (a remote operated one) then you can have the best of both worlds, a loud no muffler exhaust, when you want to to be a , and a quiet one for when you want to be (or when a cop is nearby)