Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this set up crap??

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this set up crap??

All I have is a cat-back so i was thinking of completing the system all the way to the engine.
I think the price is great for this system, but is it to good to be true??

http://www.lmperformance.com/562/1.html

also what is the difference between Y-pipe and Off Road Pipe ??

is it just Ypipe has cats and the Offroad pipe doesn't ???
Old 12-25-2005, 11:08 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAC's are a fine midlength. Long tubes are the way to go, but MAC's aren't far behind.
If you're interested in budget long tubes, check out Pacesetters from Texas Speed--->

ORY= No catalytic converters
Y=Y pipe (the thing that links your exhaust manifolds to your "I" pipe that runs straight back over the axle) with high flow cats.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Oh crap, 1 last thing

here under Header complete kits why does it say NonConvertible
and others don't specify ( cuase i have a convert )

http://www.lmperformance.com/c/7/1.html

SLP Header KIT Long Tube LS1 non-Convertible A4s 98-99
MAC 98-00 TrueFit 1-3/4 Headers w/ Y-Pipe with cats
Old 12-25-2005, 11:15 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Stay away from SLP Long Tubes. You can't go wrong with any other brand. All other brands outflow and fit better than SLP's. All other brands tuck up high. SLP's hang low. All other brands slide right in during installation. For SLP's you need to pry the tranny over to get them in.
I did like many others did years ago, I looked at a catalogue and saw "SLP Long Tube Headers" and thought, wooohooo! Bought them, bitched, took them off and saw gains and better clearance with QuickTime Performance headers. If you have $750, that gets you their 1 3/4" Stainless Steel High Velocity Merge Collector Long Tubes. IMO, the best in the business. QTP---->
Old 12-25-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

seems a little expensive, long tubes are the way to go anyway. and do yourself a favor with the sound, get off-road ypipes, it gives it a crackle and sounds meaner unless of course you want it quiet. i got my hooker longtubes for around 400$ some odd dollars i had them make a ory-pipe at the muffler shop between that and them installing it they only charged 200$. so i have less with longtubes and y pipe installed than you have with catted mids. shop around.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Stay away from SLP Long Tubes. You can't go wrong with any other brand. All other brands outflow and fit better than SLP's. All other brands tuck up high. SLP's hang low. All other brands slide right in during installation. For SLP's you need to pry the tranny over to get them in.
I did like many others did years ago, I looked at a catalogue and saw "SLP Long Tube Headers" and thought, wooohooo! Bought them, bitched, took them off and saw gains and better clearance with QuickTime Performance headers. If you have $750, that gets you their 1 3/4" Stainless Steel High Velocity Merge Collector Long Tubes. IMO, the best in the business. QTP---->
thanks.. I was just wondering why SLP specified NON CONVERT and the Macs didn't..

I'll probably go with those Macs http://www.lmperformance.com/562/1.html they seem like they should fit right in my 00' SS vert and have all the 02 connections cuase i want to stay street legal. Any ideas on HP gains for a full exhuast system with no other mods?
Old 12-25-2005, 11:30 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142

^
Enlightening thread to read. Has tons of header info.

Most, if not all (save for one kind of Edelbrock Long Tube), Long Tubes come with O2 sensors, bungs, cat options, etc. And most come packaged as a comprehensive kit.
Call a few sponsors like Texas Speed and Thunder Racing or Speed Inc. for some info before settling on MAC's. You may very well find yourself unbolting them again in a couple years in exchange for long tubes.

The SLP's had clearance issues with 'vert frame bracing. No other brand has such issues.

Last but not least, the only "street legal" header is a shorty header (almost worthless). Once you relocate the location of the catalytic converter from its stock location, bye bye "legal".

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 12-25-2005 at 11:40 AM.