Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Does anyone know of a write up on how to swap out stock headlights for halos?

Old 12-25-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know of a write up on how to swap out stock headlights for halos?

I am going through my modding phase again, and after the engine work, I wanted to do some appearance mods for a change. I am thinking of getting some blach halos for my 98 Z28.

I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have a write up on how to swap headlights and wire the halo part into the fog lights?

2. I don't want to buy from Ebay, who can I order these from directly and are there differences in quality, is there a certain brand I should look for?

Are these guys...
http://www.mytightride.com/chca19hahe.html

or these guys legit?

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/inc/sdetail/24187

The first guy wants 259 a pair, the second only 179! I am guessing there is a difference in quality?

Thanks for any help, I don't want to buy the cheapo crappy ones that might leak or not fit right, but I don't want to spend extra money if both of them sell the same stuff.

Manny
Old 12-25-2005, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

i want to put some black halos on my petwer ss, but im not sure who to buy from either. people on ebay sell them as low as 140 shipped, and the above mentioned company is selling them for 179 and the other one has them for 259. they are all selling the same set of lights right? why is there such a price gap from vendor to vendor?
Old 12-25-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about halos..but 9to remove the headlights all you need to remove are the two bolts that hold the light in place..

The first is attached to the cross member directly in front of the radiator...just look at it its the only bracket attached to the light..the second bolt holds the bracket to the assembly

Romove thoes..slide the light assembly outward..there are two "tabs" that hold the assembly to teh metal bracket that backs teh assembly...push outboard..then pull straight up..done
Old 12-26-2005, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

you only need to remove one bolt for each side, there are 1000 ways to wire them up, i wired mine to the DRLs by just tapping into the wires. and i believe all the halos are the same brand i got mine on ebay and i can assure you if you pay more you arent getting anything worth the extra money.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

The big question is...which wire does what....I think I want mine wired into the foglights.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
The big question is...which wire does what....I think I want mine wired into the foglights.
It should be pretty easy to tell which you need to tap into when you remove your headlights. Look at which bulb does what, and tap into those wires. They are all seperate so it's not very hard.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok cool....

Seems like most of the Halo owners have ordered their stuff off Ebay, so I am guessing noone has any experience with those two vendors I found?

Do any of our sponsors carry them?

Manny
Old 12-26-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered mine through k2 motor inc http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-50067900...cmr98h-ks.html and i think regardless of the price they may not fit like oem, but I may be wrong.Heres a review on these halos and the vendor, http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=263722
Old 12-31-2005, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

fitment i think just takes some skill, mine looked kinda jacked up for months, i tried adjusting them and finally got them to look decent. I switched to the factory bracket on one side and it didnt make any difference but some people say it helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone know of a write up on how to swap out stock headlights for halos?