Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just bought STS

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just bought STS

Hey ,

I just bought a STS system and got the upgrade to the GT67 with TiaL BOV, fuel pump, FMIC, injectors, boost controller and plugs.

I was going to put this on the Gold T/A which is stock but now im really thinking of putting it on the White T/A now.

Problem is it has a 231/237 112lsa cam and the heads are 59cc.

Which cam should i get for the turbo that will giet me close to the 231/237 hp numbers and what about the heads?

will different head gaskets get me a low enough compression with these heads? or should i get them machined? or different heads?

thanks
Old 12-26-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Short n sweet if that motor is stock buy so 6.0ltr heads casting number ends with 318 same as ls6 heads but has 72 cc chambers that will help with your cr an also buy the 6.0 ltr head gasket you can find the heads cheap and the gaskets from summit or scoggin as far as cam is concern i would buy a zo6 cam great for fi or get with a sponser on this sight to help i came up with my own numbers for mine and comp grinded it i could do better
Old 12-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Banned

I hope you are not asking for the same numbers as the cam and head numbers right? If so, you might not like the extra 100+hp you are about to get from the turbo.

The turbo will not like that cam at all. The heads you might be able to get away with, but you are better off putting everything on the stock car at this point.

Rick
Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
I hope you are not asking for the same numbers as the cam and head numbers right? If so, you might not like the extra 100+hp you are about to get from the turbo.

The turbo will not like that cam at all. The heads you might be able to get away with, but you are better off putting everything on the stock car at this point.

Rick

lol no, i was looking for a turbo cam that will give me around the same numbers as my 231/237 before the turbo goes on. maybe i dont need to go that big?

The heads are the PP II ls6 heads with 59cc, could those be worked to be 72cc? or would it be better (cheaper) to just buy some 6.0L heads?

My plan for the future, hopefully near. Is to buy a 402 LS2 and build it for the turbo. So if there is a head/cam that will work for me now with my stock block and will also work for the 402 later, would be good.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WicketMike
lol no, i was looking for a turbo cam that will give me around the same numbers as my 231/237 before the turbo goes on. maybe i dont need to go that big?

The heads are the PP II ls6 heads with 59cc, could those be worked to be 72cc? or would it be better (cheaper) to just buy some 6.0L heads?

My plan for the future, hopefully near. Is to buy a 402 LS2 and build it for the turbo. So if there is a head/cam that will work for me now with my stock block and will also work for the 402 later, would be good.
I would think a decent turbo cam would give you good power, but dont expect much from a camshaft that is supposed to work in a whole different light from your TSP camshaft.

With out 226/220 camshaft and 8psi we are doing about 530+ on stock cars.

Rick
Old 12-26-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

True i used the same cam i had in my ls6 in the 427 and it spools the **** out of the turbo another fact is that i still have the 60-1 they may be also but heads imo in your case a must and dont for get springs you will need those. Bump im looking for a tuner who can SD my z im currently deployed but will be home real soon cant say because ya know!!! any taker will travel
Old 12-26-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
True i used the same cam i had in my ls6 in the 427 and it spools the **** out of the turbo another fact is that i still have the 60-1 they may be also but heads imo in your case a must and dont for get springs you will need those. Bump im looking for a tuner who can SD my z im currently deployed but will be home real soon cant say because ya know!!! any taker will travel

Hurry up and get back soon and safe, that way I can walk your Camaro up and down Westcliff again.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Banned

We can SD any turbo car very well. But I think we might be alittle bit far on the drive.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
I would think a decent turbo cam would give you good power, but dont expect much from a camshaft that is supposed to work in a whole different light from your TSP camshaft.

With out 226/220 camshaft and 8psi we are doing about 530+ on stock cars.

Rick

What im hoping for and im sure you can set me straight. I was hoping for 525rwhp at 5psi with heads and cam. Will the ls6 cam and 6.0L heads get me there? I will push it to 7-8psi also,

thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Short n sweet if that motor is stock buy so 6.0ltr heads casting number ends with 318 same as ls6 heads but has 72 cc chambers that will help with your cr an also buy the 6.0 ltr head gasket you can find the heads cheap and the gaskets from summit or scoggin as far as cam is concern i would buy a zo6 cam great for fi or get with a sponser on this sight to help i came up with my own numbers for mine and comp grinded it i could do better

I think the casting number is 317 I have never seen a 318 6.0L head.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:58 AM
TECH Addict

James keep dreaming man its good for you that little race we did was a shake down i got no grip in third or second i dident even floor it on you but it was fun your car launches straight and hard i love your suspension set up but 518 thats it?? you might need some N.O.S and walking me down?? the only car i race with my old set up that walk me down was a ENZO because i cheated i knew i could not beat him i just flew past him at 140 and at about 170 he **** me up fast but it was fun!!! i cant wait to line them up be ready because im bring money when we do let say 3,000 can u do it ??? if not fk it we will do it for beer!!!! keep 4 wheels down and be safe man smoke u soon!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

sorry man key board is old there is no seven key on the one i used dident even think about it you are right they are three seventeen heads!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

James keep dreaming man its good for you that little race we did was a shake down i got no grip in third or second i dident even floor it on you but it was fun your car launches straight and hard i love your suspension set up but 518 thats it?? you might need some N.O.S and walking me down?? the only car i race with my old set up that walk me down was a ENZO because i cheated i knew i could not beat him i just flew past him at 140 and at about 170 he **** me up fast but it was fun!!! i cant wait to line them up be ready because im bring money when we do let say 3,000 can u do it ??? if not fk it we will do it for beer!!!! keep 4 wheels down and be safe man smoke u soon!!!

Cannot race you man. If you are running with $650,000 Ferrari Enzos I am out.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Im not running with the im just far behind the big boys but i one day i will smoke a enzo a 911 and a tt viper those are the badges i will put on my car when i beat them and i wont for get the camera!! but you are making good power on a 3 to 5 thousnd forged block you will make stupid power bigger aint better but fun and u have the suspension to backit go find kenny bell and get some pony tail!!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WicketMike
What im hoping for and im sure you can set me straight. I was hoping for 525rwhp at 5psi with heads and cam. Will the ls6 cam and 6.0L heads get me there? I will push it to 7-8psi also,

thanks
I dont know. What happens when you lower compression is you actually have to throw in a few extra pounds to add back the cylinder pressure to gain the HP back up. Remember, cylinder pressure is what makes most of the power. 525hp is asking alot from 5 psi. I would keep your hopes set on about 7-8 psi more like it that way if you make more power, you wont be angry, you will be happy.

Rick

Quick Reply: Just bought STS