Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Different Air Filter Set-Up for Vortech?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Air Filter Set-Up for Vortech?

I'm wondering if there is an other then stock air filter set-up that people have used or made with there vortech kit. I had a front end accident and my air box was toast so I figured this would be a good time to see about going a different route. I figured it might be difficult to find something due to the odd oval elbow connection to the air lid. I was thinking something like an open cone or oval cone filter similar to volant system? What about losing the vortech elbow and using a generic elbow? Anyone with advice or info would be appreciated. I just don't want to go back to the stock air box.
Thanks in advance!
Bob
Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

so a search on spectacle solutions lids.....you might find one for sale or see if you can get one made. cleans up the engine bay nicely.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

+1

You could probably have a shop fab up some piping to run to a filter because finding a lid or getting some more made are going to be almost impossible.(trust me. i know because i was trying to get one before i sold you the vortech kit)

Greg
Old 12-26-2005, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Thats what I was thinking, having a custom pipe made and run to some sort of K&N air filter that mounted by the stock location. I was just wondering if anyone had done this before and had pictures or info on how they did it or what they used for a filter.

P.S Greg, I've been following your posts on your project and am glad to see you have everything up and running. I can only imagine how bad your traction must be as I was able to break my tires loose in 3rd gear myself without much effort on my lowly vortech set-up. I have to have back surgery on the 16th to fuse the last 4 discs in my lower back so as soon an I'm healed from that it'll be time to get back to work on my car. Good luck with the car and enjoy your tour in japan!
Bob
Old 12-26-2005, 11:26 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I have a spectacle Solutions lid for sale it is new I never used it I just want what I paid for it I think you asked me about it?

Quick Reply: Different Air Filter Set-Up for Vortech?